IS Applications Development Lead
Job Ref: 54465
- Salary: £58,208 + Negotiable depending on experience + Exceptional Benefits
- Location: Nissan Sunderland
- Position: Full Time
- Hours: FT
- Date Listed:
- Closing: 28th September 2017
Nissan is a global company driven by the accomplishments of our employees. We find pride in our continued commitment to diversity and an exciting lineup of vehicles.
Nissan Europe’s goal is to become the most desirable Asian car brand in the region. Systems and Technology has been identified as a core organizational capability and strategic enabler to achieve this goal.
Our IS Applications Development function, within Nissan Europe’s Software Factory, delivers innovative state-of-the-art systems critical to furthering Nissan’s success in Europe
- Furthering the development of a creative and dynamic environment in which innovation is championed as we strive to exceed the expectations of our business partners.
- Line management and professional development of a diverse, delivery-focused, multi-skilled team of systems development professionals.
- Driving the required transformation activities within the section to quickly realise the agreed Target Operating Model.
- Planning, management and execution of the overall pipeline of work in conjunction with IS partners, third-party suppliers, Supply Chain business partners, and the Business Relationship Management organisation.
- Adherence to best practices, departmental governance and project delivery methodologies whilst delivering within the recognised quality, cost and time constraints.
- Management of the budget and financial needs of the team in order to deliver the agreed programme of work
- A visionary mind-set with a keen interest in leveraging technology trends, emerging systems development approaches and industry best-practice
- A proven track-record of running successful, motivated and enthusiastic software delivery teams in a complex and culturally diverse operating environment
- First-class interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to quickly establish effective working relationships at all levels of the organisation
- Relevant and extensive experience in an application development team-leadership role within a class-leading systems development organisation
- First-hand and demonstrable experience of the systems development life-cycle in a large and complex organisation with real experience of both Waterfall and Agile approaches.
- A degree level qualification, in a relevant systems related discipline (desirable)