Job Ref: 51026
- Salary: Competitive + benefits
- Location: Nissan Cranfield
- Position: Permanent
- Hours: Mon-Thur 8am-5pm, Fri 8am-1:20pm
- Date Listed:
- Closing: 31st December 2017
To deliver sustainable business change, Purchasing has reviewed the organizational structure and capabilities. A stronger organization implies the need to grow the Purchasing capability focused on sourcing and cost reduction for new and existing vehicles. This will enable us to improve our products without passing the cost onto our valued customers, and so we are looking for a dynamic Buyer to join our team.
- Supporting the strategic Purchasing management message by ensuring our suppliers are committed to achieving our objectives in the areas of quality, cost competitiveness and delivery.
- Developing Buying strategies that strengthen Nissan’s relationship with our supply base by finding opportunities to improve communications and supplier relationships.
- Promotion and participation across all areas of Quality, Process Improvement, Supply Chain Control, Purchasing, Research & Development, and Manufacturing in order to maximise total cost reduction and technical optimisation for Nissan.
- Managing the sourcing and buying activities relating to Renault-Nissan models via management of Request for Quotes (RFQ’s), key sourcing processes and quotation analysis and negotiation.
- Participation in regular supplier shop floor activities to add optimum value.
- Ensuring a strong industrial awareness is developed by investigating new supply markets and assessing Nissan supplier’s capabilities.
- Maintaining key systems for cost tracking and purchase order changes and ensure the stringent quality standards required by Nissan are met.
- Working to agreed Cost Reduction Targets and planned activities on a Monthly and Quarterly basis, able to adapt your approach and technique in order to achieve excellent savings with Key Suppliers.
- The successful applicant will have a comprehensive background as a Commercial Buyer gained within a large Manufacturing or Automotive company.
- You will have proven cost reduction skills; be able to demonstrate targeted savings along with excellent supplier negotiation skills.
- You must be able to demonstrate a proven track record of success initiating cost reduction using a number of techniques such as benchmarking, negotiation, process improvement etc.
- You must be able to complete statistical analysis and solve complex problems through the analysis of quantitative and qualitative data using CRM and Sales systems, able to strategize an action plan and execute.
- You will have excellent written and spoken communication skills, with a confident presentation style, you will be able to gain buy in at an early stage from both Stakeholders and Suppliers.
- You will have strong numerical skills with the ability to apply them to the negotiation process and analysis of buying activities.
- You will be a confident team player as well as working independently; you will be able to cultivate a proactive and adaptable mind.
- You will have the confidence to work to tight deadlines and the capability to perform in a fast moving and dynamic Buying environment.
- You will have excellent PC skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Purchasing Systems.
- You will hold a Bachelors degree or equivalent.
- You will hold a Full, Clean UK Driving Licence as you will be required to travel both domestically and across the EMEA region.
Do you have previous Buying experience within a manufacturing environment?
NOT a Nissan employee? APPLY HERE