Co-ordinator, Automotive Components Supply Chain/Logistics, Nissan Trading Ltd, Sunderland Job Description
Mission and Main Objectives:
This role will work within Nissan Trading Europe’s Supply Chain Management and Logistics team, working in the automotive sector. The main day-to-day tasks vary in range, mainly involving the sourcing, transportation, logistics, warehousing and supply of a wide variety of automotive components, from suppliers to our customers.
Outline and Responsibilities:
• The role comprises of the Overseeing the management of all logistics including arranging transport, storage, delivery and all associated administration between customer and suppliers.
• Supervising the building and preservation of relationships with customers, suppliers and third-party logistics businesses.
• Manage the performance of people effectively, in accordance with policies and procedures.
• Ensure accurate functional financial forecasts on a monthly basis.
• Coordinate new project introductions.
• Coordinate progress reviews and process improvement activities.
• Supporting the delivery of functional objectives and targets
• Maintain inventory levels in accordance with global targets
• Support the Company to develop new methodologies and operation flow
• Coordination of project introductions
• Supervision of a small team including training and development
• Overseeing of management and reporting of sales information; thereby requiring a high degree of communication, coordination and excellent customer service skills.
Experience and Qualifications Required:
• Essential experience working within the automotive industry or global / international Supply chain management.
• Required experience in global or international Logistics (or similar)
• Overseeing / Management of projects
• Good knowledge of MRP systems and customer service skills
• Excellent PC skills (incl. excel, word, outlook, etc)
• Good problem solving skills and an ability to prioritise tasks
• Ability to work unsupervised and using own initiative to complete tasks
• Good communication and interpersonal skills, dealing with people from different functional areas and cultures
• Flexible and adaptable, able to work to tight deadlines
Do you have experience working within Supply Chain Management?
NOT a Nissan employee? APPLY HERE