Co-ordinator, Automotive Components Supply Chain/Logistics, Nissan Trading Ltd, Sunderland Job Description
Outline and Responsibilities:
- Overseeing the management of all logistics including arranging transport, storage, delivery and all associated administration between customer and suppliers.
- Supervising the building and preservation of relationships with customers, suppliers and third-party logistics businesses.
- Manage the performance of people effectively, in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Ensure accurate functional financial forecasts on a monthly basis.
- Coordinate new project introductions.
- Coordinate progress reviews and process improvement activities.
- Supporting the delivery of functional objectives and targets
- Maintain inventory levels in accordance with global targets
- Support the Company to develop new methodologies and operation flow
Experience and Qualifications Required:
- Essential experience working within the automotive industry or global / international Supply chain management.
- Required experience in global or international Logistics (or similar)
- Overseeing / Management of projects
- Good knowledge of MRP systems and customer service skills
- Very computer literate (incl. excel, word, outlook, etc)
- Good problem solving skills and an ability to prioritise tasks
- Ability to work unsupervised and using own initiative to complete tasks
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, dealing with people from different functional areas and cultures
- Flexible and adaptable, able to work to tight deadlines
The role comprises of the coordination of project introductions, the supervision of a small team including training and development, overseeing of management and reporting of sales information; thereby requiring a high degree of communication, coordination and excellent customer service skills.
Please note that this position is based in Sunderland and the successful candidate will be an employee of Nissan Trading Europe Ltd.