Customs Admin Assistant - Finance
Job Ref: 51166
- Salary: £18,249 + Benefits
- Location: Nissan Sunderland
- Position: Full Time
- Hours: 39
- Date Listed:
- Closing: 16th January 2017
An Admin Assistant is required to support the Customs section ensuring that all of Nissans imports and exports comply with HMRC regulations and achieve maximum import duty savings through the use of customs procedures.
Outline & Responsibilities
- To manage day to day operations in the reporting to HMRC (imported parts)
- To assist in monitoring NMUK Customs Warehouse systems
- To suppport customs projects
- To process daily entries and removals from customs warehouse using our duty management system (Ricardo), solving and/escalating roadblocks
- To manage Preferential Origin certificates received
- To support with other admin tasks in the section such as customs clearance through freight forwarders & the management of the duty deferment account
- To support the section, as required, in the development and implementation of the systems enhancements.
- Strong IT skills particularly in Excel & other MS software
- Knowledge of Duty management systems (Ricardo) / warehouse management systems would be an advantage
- Previous customs experience preferably in a manufacturing environment would be an advantage
- Knowledge of Customs schemes & processes
- Must possess excellent analytical, communication and organization skills.
- Must be motivated, flexible, who works well both individually and in a team