IS Demand Manager - Manufacturing
Job Ref: 54537
- Salary: £37,113+ starting, negotiable dependent on experience
- Location: Nissan Sunderland
- Position: Full Time
- Hours: FT
- Date Listed:
- Closing: 31st October 2017
The primary function of the Demand Specialist is to effectively manage the business demand for Shop-floor and logistics business areas covering the UK, Spain and Russia.
The role is to understand the requirement and business needs along with the current business applications to allow us to agree the application strategies/road-maps for the next 3-5 years and the portfolios required to deliver them.
To aid the design, delivery and support of new solutions driving business efficiency and building effective working relationships with business experts.
- Liaise with Regional business functions and Global IS to define and agree application strategies and roadmaps.
- Propose and investigate new technologies and applications to improve regional business efficiency.
- Develops a first high level design (functional and technical) for the demand on the pipeline and estimates effort using the support from the Domain’s and/or Application Service Delivery teams and Enterprise Architecture as required.
- Evaluate application changes including annual version upgrades in line with vendor and Global Nissan roadmaps.
- Identifies technology and functional requirements needed for the implementation of the demand with the support of Enterprise Architecture and Service Delivery teams.
- Launch and leverage the necessary projects supporting Nissan strategy
- Demand and Project portfolio management
- Acts as the link between Business Relationship Management, business, software factory and Service Delivery teams.
- Communicates and reports
- There are Shop floor teams based in various locations around Europe, therefore business travel including overseas will be required on a regular basis.
- A degree level qualification, in a relevant systems related discipline.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in an enterprise systems development role within a class-leading organisation
- First-hand and demonstrable experience of the systems development life-cycle in a large and complex organisation including requirement gathering, analysis/design, development tools/technologies.
- A keen interest in technology trends and emerging systems development approaches
- Experience in systems analysis, functional design and a solid understanding of development, quality assurance and integration methodologies.
- Capable of translating business requirements into application design.
Do you have minimum of 5 years’ experience in an enterprise systems development role within a class-leading organisation?
NOT a Nissan employee? APPLY HERE Already a Nissan employee? Find out how to apply here