Design & Development Apprentice Job Description
Design & Development Apprentice
NISSAN MOTOR MANUFACTURING (UK) LIMITED
Brief overview of the role
An exciting opportunity has arisen to work at the Nissan Technical Centre Europe, where you will have the opportunity to contribute to the development of the next generation of Nissan models.
14th August 2017
39 hours. Mon-Thu 8:00 – 4:30, Fri 8:00 – 1:20
Expected apprenticeship duration
Possible start date
4th September 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
5 available, across Vehicle Test, Facilities and Logistics
- The successful candidate will be joining Nissan Technical Centre Europe based in Cranfield, Bedfordshire.
- The candidate will be joining the Nissan comprehensive training scheme in the Vehicle Test Area, supporting a team of Engineers and Technicians to influence the vehicles of the future.
- The programme combines first-hand involvement in the Nissan state-of-the-art design and development process together with formal training in engineering.
- The Apprenticeship will give you a broad insight into the Design & Development process within the organisation.
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication.
- Manual dexterity skills.
- Accurate with good attention to detail.
- Problem solving.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Enjoys challenges.
- Keen to learn.
- 1 x A level or 2 x AS Levels Grade C or above in a STEM subject (Science, Technology, Engineering, Maths) or a Level 3 qualification in an Engineering discipline.
- Progression to the Higher Apprenticeship in Engineering and gaining an HNC qualification.
- Long term career prospects within the organisation for the right candidate.
Things to consider
- Full UK driving licence essential – which must be gained during the Apprenticeship.