Operations Management Placement Job Description
An exciting opportunity to work in a fast paced environment here at Nissan Sunderland Plant where we build a car every minute to fulfil customer orders. We don’t stock pile vehicles but build in synchronisation with customer orders meaning a Blue LEAF could roll off our production line followed by a Red Qashqai then a White Qashqai, the permutations are endless.
Key Skills Required for the Operations Management Placement
- Currently studying a degree (all degrees considered)
- Are able to partake in a 12 month placement as part of their course
- Creative thinking / Problem solving
- Excellent written & verbal communication
- Good team worker / flexible working approach with ability to self-motivate
- Experience with Microsoft software
- Knowledge of a foreign language maybe an advantage
The Operations Management Department (Production Control), turn these permutations into an optimised manufacturing schedule that allows us to assemble cars as efficiently and cost effectively as possible. Below are just a few of the functions within the department
- Supply Change Management / operational support for a number of automotive suppliers
- Supply Chain Performance Analysis and Improvement Strategies
- Support for new project / new model development
- Production Planning and daily schedule creation
- Cross functional working with other Nissan departments and global Manufacturing sites
- Inventory Management and Control
- Logistics Planning and Logistics Control
- Service Parts Management
Variety is at the centre of a placement position with no two days being the same. From day one you have a Mentor who will ensure you get the most out of your time here at Nissan. You will be given a role with instant responsibility and you will have numerous opportunities to show your talents and develop new skills.
Are you in your penultimate year of study?
NOT a Nissan employee? APPLY HERE