Purchasing Graduate (Cranfield, Bedfordshire) -- copy Job Description
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
You will have several projects on the go, at any one time. You’ll be involved in data and cost analyses for future activities, supplier visits and continual liaison with internal departments. After all, when you consider that 80% of the car value is from externally sourced components you can understand how busy this function can get.
As a key member of our global organization, you’ll need great communication skills and the confidence necessary to build relationships, develop partnerships and improve the way that we all work together. You’ll also need to be flexible, adaptable and full of energy. Plus, of course, possess credibility, professionalism, commercial awareness, long-term vision and the ability to think on your feet.
Purchasing at Nissan isn’t about playing off one supplier against another to achieve the lowest price possible. We do things differently here. We place quality first, so we source suppliers who can achieve the performance standards we expect. Then, we work with them to continually reduce costs without compromising these high standards.
Background and Experience
- Education: Minimum Bachelor’s degree (or international equivalent)
- Excellent written, oral communication and presentation skills.
- Strong Interpersonal skills suitable for representing both Purchasing internally and Nissan externally
- You will need to be a team player with a proactive, flexible attitude, able to work within tight deadlines and deliver under pressure.
- A positive approach towards international travel
- MS Office computer skills. (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Language Skills: Fluent English speaker, other languages would be an advantage.
Are you predicted or have you obtained a 2.1 or above in your university degree?
NOT a Nissan employee? APPLY HERE