Quality Assurance Engineer
Job Ref: 56250BR
- Salary: From £37113 plus Paid Overtime, Car Lease Scheme, Pension Scheme, Private Health Care and other benefits
- Location: Nissan Sunderland
- Position: Full Time
- Hours: 39 hours day shift
- Date Listed:
- Closing: 12th January 2018
An experienced engineer is required to join our Vehicle Quality Assurance team in order to support both new model introduction and improve current production vehicle quality.
The emphasis will be on supporting key vehicle KPI’s in one or more of the following areas:
• New model project planning.
• In-house process improvement.
• Warranty improvement.
- Support quality activities on both current and new model introduction activities
- Develop and maintain QA Documentation, i.e. Inspection Plans/Standards.
- Use SPC and associated tools for measurement analysis
- Generate technical and management reports
- Lead technical investigations, individually or by coordinating cross-functional teams
- Identify and lead process improvements.
- Education should ideally be to degree level in a relevant engineering or science subject
- A work history in Automotive would be considered beneficial
- Broad based experience in a variety of manufacturing processes is a distinct advantage
- Knowledge of quality systems and processes including measurement and test equipment
- Fully conversant in Microsoft Office tools
- Good interpersonal skills and effective global communicator
- Ability to analyse, interpret and present data to make fact based decisions
- Understand Engineering specifications/standards
- Effective planner with the ability to react quickly in fast paced pressured environments
- Ability to work/travel at short notice