Supply Chain Management & Logistics 2 Year Placement Job Description
Our Supply Chain department are responsible for mid-term strategic planning of Supply Chains within the highly complex industries of inbound parts and finished vehicle automotive logistics. The role of the function is to identify, develop and execute highly efficient logistics solutions meeting the needs of the key internal stakeholders and exceeding the expectations of our Customers. Our focus is clearly targeted at achieving world class service performance relating to quality, cost and delivery.
Key Skills Required for the Supply Chain Management & Logistics Placement
- Currently studying for any degree
- Are able to partake in a 2 year placement as part of your course
- Forward thinking/creative problem solving
- Clear communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Comprehensive understanding of Microsoft Office software (mainly Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Our team will have responsibility for projects linked to Nissan’s other European facilities in Spain and Russia, Regional Business Units and transport suppliers in Europe, or indeed, with our Alliance partners; Renault and Daimler.
- Challenging the status quo and driving continual improvement for the business relating to strategy, process and cost. This will cover the timeframe of product concept, to start of production and through model life.
- Focus on developing end to end logistics solutions to deliver parts from suppliers to the manufacturing point, encompassing packaging, transport, warehousing and material handling, and finally the journey to the dealer.
- Ensure Nissan continues to deliver innovation to its business and customers, you will actively benchmark with internal and external organisations which will not only be limited to the automotive environment.
Are you able to partake in a 2 year placement as part of your degree?
NOT a Nissan employee? APPLY HERE