Supply Chain Management & Logistics Placement
Job Ref: 55212
- Salary: from £16,634 pa
- Location: Nissan Sunderland
- Position: Placement
- Hours: Full Time
- Date Listed:
- Closing: 31st December 2017
Our Supply Chain department are responsible for mid-term strategic planning of Supply Chains within the highly complex industries of inbound parts and finished vehicle automotive logistics. The role of the function is to identify, develop and execute highly efficient logistics solutions meeting the needs of the key internal stakeholders and exceeding the expectations of our Customers. Our focus is clearly targeted at achieving world class service performance relating to quality, cost and delivery.
- Currently studying for any degree
- Are able to partake in a 12 month placement as part of your course
- Forward thinking/creative problem solving
- Excellent written & verbal communication
- Good team worker
- Flexible working approach
- Ability to self-motivate
- Comprehensive understanding of Microsoft Office software (mainly Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Drive continual improvement for the business relating to strategy, process and cost. This will cover the timeframe of product concept, to start of production and through model life.
- Take responsibility for leading transport cost comparison studies across Nissan globally, developing and owning standard work processes, delivering transport cost saving projects, owning budgets, leading key team meetings and monitoring reporting systems.
- Milestones and performance objectives (KPIs) will be regularly reviewed with management
- Optimise service, cost and quality results for transportation plants in line with annual business objectives. This will involve working with internal partner functions and the haulage companies across Europe
Are you in your penultimate year?
NOT a Nissan employee? APPLY HERE Already a Nissan employee? Find out how to apply here