Here at NMUK we like to take care of the employees within the wide and varied range of Nissan jobs that we provide. Regardless of whether the role is in manufacturing, the office or Engineering, for all Nissan jobs, in addition to a competitive starting salary, there is a range of benefits that we can offer you from your very first day with us.
Car Leasing Scheme
At Nissan, not only do you make cars, you get to enjoy driving them too. As a Nissan employee, you are eligible for our Nissan employee car lease
- The scheme is open to you and your friends and family (aged 18-80 and continues when you retire from service)
- Your car lease is a 12 months agreement, at which point you will change for a new model
- You can have up to 3 cars on the scheme at any one time
- Ranges and pricing are updated regularly, giving you the choice of the latest specs and colours
- A choice of either 12,000 or 18,000 miles’ agreements
Payment for the cars is taken directly from your salary as a deduction in arrears. Included in your payment is your road fund licence, servicing and insurance*, so all you have to pay is the fuel. When you return your car, it must meet our return standards, otherwise additional charges will apply.
We have a dedicated team on-site to answer any additional questions you may have.
The Nissan Defined Contribution Pension Plan is a Group Stakeholder Pension Plan and is administered by Standard Life. You will be automatically enrolled into the plan on completion of 3 months’ service (subject to meeting legislative criteria). You will receive confirmation from Standard Life that you have been enrolled. You can ask to join the Pension early and or still join if you have not been automatically enrolled (due to not meeting the criteria).
The Pension Plan is designed to provide savers with a fund in retirement. This fund can be taken as an income and includes a tax free cash lump sum from age 55. The fund is made up of contributions paid by you and the Company each month over your working life. Contribution levels are determined by the Government, but you can pay more in order to build up a bigger fund. The Company double your contributions up to set levels. You can decide how the money in your Pension Plan is invested, and are able to select from a range of different investment funds.
As a Nissan employee, you will receive private medical insurance through our scheme with AXA. Employees can join the scheme free of charge, and you can also include your partner and dependent children for a small fee paid through your monthly salary.
Once you are a member of the scheme you can access it straight away if you have a health concern and your GP thinks you need a referral. One call to the team and you’re able to see a recognised specialist at a local hospital convenient to you.
This is available for specific vacancies (Controllers, Engineers, Supervisors and Senior Level) which can be discussed at your interview, or if you would like to discuss this beforehand please contact us
- We will offer you accommodation for the first few weeks of your employment to allow you time to find a more permanent accommodation
- We can provide you with one of our cars until you sort out your own means of transport
- £3,000 for UK candidates and £6,000 for international candidates, which is paid through payroll (is taxable). It is paid at £1000 a month
Sports and Social Complex
Once you have joined us you will automatically become a member of the Sports and Social Complex here at NMUK. Full details of our facilities and activities will be provided at the time of your job offer. We also have an on-site gym which you can join for a small fee. Here are the facilities we have on offer to our employees:
- Newly refurbished function suite that can hold up to 200 guests
- A conservatory and bar area
- Outside safe play area for toddlers
- Multi-functional sports hall which has been designed to cater for all sports and is also able to host special events
- The largest 5-a-side court in the North of England (up to 7-a-side)
- Floodlit, outdoor 11-a-side football pitch with a 200-seater stadium
- £200,000 state-of-the-art fitness centre
We have a range of dental plans available through Denplan and they are all designed to suit a variety of different oral health needs and focus strongly on prevention. They will help towards the costs of any eligible routine dental treatment such as check-ups, x-rays and hygiene appointments and any eligible restorative dental treatment such as crowns, bridges or fillings. There is a 24-Hour Worldwide Dental Emergency Helpline and cover for some pre-existing conditions* (some exclusions apply.) No initial oral health check is necessary and you can go to any dentist whether Denplan, private or NHS.
Employee Car Purchase Scheme
As well as our lease scheme, we have an Employee Car Purchase Scheme which enables employees and their friends and family to get discount off our brand new cars. So, whether you want a nippy little Note, an impressive Infiniti or a fancy GT-R, you can buy it through any
Nissan or Infiniti dealer in the UK with a discount on the basic price.
- Discount scheme available from first day of employment
- Currently possible to get discount on up to 5 cars in a 12 month rolling period
- Vehicle must be retained for a minimum of 12 months
- Purchase made through dealership after discount code obtained through onsite team
- Attractive Personal Contract Purchase plans available through dealers
More information can be found on www.myclubnissan.co.uk.
All employees are entitled to free life assurance cover for a minimum of two times their annual salary from their first day of employment. This amount increases to four times your annual salary when you join the pension plan.