Our Sales, Marketing and Distribution departments are integral to our business and we need graduates and placement students to help keep them at the forefront of industry best practice. If you have an all-consuming passion for business and are driven to succeed in a constantly evolving, cutting-edge environment, we want you on our team.
At Nissan, the power comes from inside. This power comes from you.
PLACEMENT PROGRAMME OVERVIEW
We look for ten placement students every year, all placed in different specialist departments throughout Nissan Maple Cross Sales and Marketing departments. The aim is to give you the chance of some invaluable work experience. The sort that will contribute to our success and let you drive forward some exciting projects, and provide you with real life material to support your dissertation. Working closely with managers, you’ll gain generalist business knowledge, commercial skills, and a fundamental grounding within the automotive industry. As a sales and marketing company, we continually manage the lifecycle of our product and you’ll play a vital part in this, in whichever department you’re placed. In 2016 two Industrial Placement students were offered places on the NMGB Graduate Scheme for 2017, so there is a great future opportunity if you succeed on your placement year.
Any undergraduate student is welcome to apply. You just need to be available for one year's full time work and you should have a clear passion for business, a good academic track record, be reliable and, of course, a great team player.
Placement schemes usually start in July and you will generally stay in one department in order to give you a consistent experience during your time here with us at Nissan Maple Cross.
GRADUATE PROGRAMME OVERVIEW
Over two years, this challenging programme will provide you with the breadth and depth of knowledge you need to thrive within one
of the world’s leading automotive brands. At least three department rotations will allow you to be immersed in a range of different functions, giving you a truly cross-functional understanding of the company and building the vision you need to be an effective manager. Right from the start, you will have real responsibilities and the ability to influence key decision-making processes. Your first rotation will be relevant to your specific experience and background, with the next two 8-month rotations being decided in line with your progress and development.
You will also be paired with a personal mentor, who will be on-hand to provide advice and support as you progress through your different rotations and who will be available for one-to-one discussions, held monthly or quarterly, that will be used to help align your career aspirations with the opportunities available to you within the company.
At the end of the graduate programme, you will be supported by our HR team and guided into an area of the business that will play to your strengths. Joining Nissan on one of our emerging talent programs gives you access to world-class development opportunities and a fast-paced, performance-driven, international career.
As well as being immersed in the day-to-day workings of each department, you will also take part in a variety of training schemes. Within your first six months, you will attend an introduction training module, which will present you with an introduction to the Nissan business and an introduction to the Graduate Placement Programme. During each rotation, you will take part in at least one training module, designed to deepen your knowledge of the company and to hone your awareness of best practice, product ranges and our company ethos.
Nissan has experienced exponential growth in the UK over the past 5 years. In this role you will be in the centre of the action as you help analyse the sales figures by creating daily, weekly and monthly reports, working cross-functionally with many departments to help them identify and monitor appropriate KPIs. You will be working closely with our Product and Field teams to support them in the following ways.
- Assisting with regular sales reporting for the managerial team
- Help to refine or enhance existing reporting
- Working on specific reporting in the areas of customer vehicles, field team forecasts, franchising and fleets
- Identify gaps in reporting and make recommendations
- Project work and report automation
- Opportunity to cover annual leave in other areas of the team
You will be an analytical thinker and quick learner, with exceptional Excel skills, attention to detail and time management.
If this placement sounds like you, please apply here.
Part of the Marketing Communications department, the events team is responsible for delivering events for different areas of the business and managing the Nissan Innovation Station at The O2 in London.
You will act as the liaison between Nissan and the agencies who are managing the Nissan Innovation Station (TRO) and dealer events (Fusion) to support the retail marketing team at key campaign periods. Working with various departments, you will help manage the tactical activity of the Nissan Innovation Station and will be responsible for the guest management of the O2 Nissan Suite.
You will also assist in ensuring dealer engagement at events and managing other third party relationships.
You should come with the following qualities:
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent PC skills
- Confident manner dealing with others
If you would like to apply for this placement then click here
Network Strategy is a multi-faceted department, covering the full lifecycle of our customer touch-points through network planning, business management, facilities management and franchise & standards management.
You will be supporting the Network Planning Manager in the deployment of the nationwide Market Area Strategy, including preparing data and viability reports and helping to create presentations for board approval. Specific tasks will include:
- Completion of ad-hoc projects relating to completing the Strategy
- Research and compilation of information, ensuring source data is reliable and information is shared and understood
- Dealer analysis
- Investor group news research and news compilation
- Building business review presentations for submission to Board
- Supporting coordination of sales and service departments in the take-over process
You will benefit from working with a range of people, with varying experience and backgrounds and across a range of disciplines. Your work will help you to develop industry awareness, cross-functional experience, customer focus and a challenger mindset. You will have exceptional analytics and communications skills, with a keen view on focused and concise reporting.
To apply for this placement click here
You’ll develop brand‐compliant marketing materials for the dealer network. This will include direct mail pieces, customer newsletters, POS materials and letter templates. You’ll learn how to manage agencies to meet key project deadlines and gain insightful exposure to all the operational areas of the industry. This placement provides the opportunity to work in the ‘engine room’ of Aftersales, a key profit center and a vital area of the business for customer retention. You will be:
- Supporting the Aftersales Operations by providing clear, action-oriented reporting that enables both field and central teams to drive performance
- Assisting in developing and enhancing existing reporting suite with measured output being new report as defined by management
- Engaging with Ops Team & Network partners to assist in price matching, queries and surveys
You will possess excellent analytical and numeracy skills, be adept at Excel and able to pick up systems quickly. If this sounds like you then you can apply for this placement here.
The Sales Planning & Operations department is responsible for a diverse range of activity, including market analysis, performance reporting, forecasting (MSR +weekly), stock management, incentive management, network target setting and business planning.
You will support the Infiniti Sales Planning & Operations Manager, gaining an understanding of the UK Premium market and performing data analysis and insight. You will monitor volume, share, channel, segment analysis vs BP and will create presentations for delivery at IE director & VP performance meetings.
You will need:
- Strong analytical skills; with a keen view on focused and concise reporting
- Strong IT skills with the ability to create complex spreadsheets & presentations
- Ability to concisely research & compile information; ensuring source data is reliable & information is shared and understood with contextual accuracy
- Excellent communication skills; clear, articulate and able to ask questions when required.
If you think you have what it takes to be an Infiniti planning placement student then apply here now.
The Nissan Graduate Scheme will provide you with a diverse overview of the business by placing you in three separate departments over a two-year period, each for eight months at a time.
Your rotations will allow you to spend eight months at a time in a range of different departments within Nissan, including After Sales, Marketing, Sales Operations, Communications, Customer Service and Sales Operations. Your natural skill-set and personal ambitions will help determine which areas of the business you will experience.
As well as being immersed in the day-to-day workings of each department, you will also take part in a variety of training schemes. Within your first six months, you will attend an introduction training module, which will present you with an introduction to the Nissan business and an introduction to the Graduate Placement Scheme. Topics covered will include:
- A corporate induction, focussing on Nissan’s history, the global company structure, mission, vision, and company culture
- A Human Resources and Health and Safety induction
- A business introduction, introducing the different departments on the scheme and exposing graduates to the business as whole
- A one day visit to a Nissan Plant or Design Centre.
To apply for our Graduate scheme, click here
The Corporate Sales department is responsible for all sales and marketing operations in relation to direct fleet customers (from local sole traders, right through to global corporate accounts), as well as account management for Motability, 3rd party leasing providers and the dealer Business Centre programme.
You will have a thorough introduction to the Corporate Sales Fleet Operations environment, with responsibility for some daily, monthly and adhoc reporting tasks, as well as vehicle/contract management and new projects to start, own and develop during the course of the placement year. Duties will include:
- Daily Fleet Reporting (e.g. order take, fill-rate)
- DOA management (creation & sign-off support)
- Accrual/Forecasting on Local Fleet Reward (new project)
- Peak season support for vehicle allocation and delivery management
- Development of new VME tools for monitoring spend controls
The perfect candidate for this placement will have an analytical mind, with strong numeracy skills, be good with MS Excel and working knowledge of MS Access would be a bonus.
If this sounds like you then click here to apply now.
The Communications team is responsible ensuring the maintenance of a positive share of voice in the UK’s automotive and national media, as well as the curation and distribution of internal communications across Nissan Maple Cross.
You will be the main contact for Internal Communications at Nissan Maple Cross. From cascading the daily notices to the business (through email and our internal comms app) to managing the ambient media across the site (plasmas, posters) to organizing all employee meetings – your role will be crucial to ensuring all employees are kept up to date with key company information and news.
You will also be assisting the Events / Partnership manager in their daily tasks, from supporting the organizing and hosting of media events (new product launches) to helping arrange photo / video shoots and activities to amplify Nissan’s partnerships (namely Man City and UEFA Champions League).
If you are a natural “go-getter” who gets on well with everyone and with the skills and confidence to communicate effectively at all levels then you could be the right person for us. You will need to be confident with MS Office and self-motivated to work in a high paced, ever changing environment and willing to give the extra mile to make your placement a success.
If this sounds like you then click here to apply.
Aftersales is divided into three different teams, looking after specialised areas within Nissan: – Aftersales Marketing, Aftersales Operations and Product support. They are responsible for managing our aftermarket performance through the franchised dealer network.
The Aftersales Marketing Placement Student’s role is critical in monitoring and growing key retention programmes including Nissan Service Plans. You will play a pivotal role in maximising customer retention through various Aftersales programmes. You will be involved in various aspects of the department’s activities, which would include assisting in the development of sales and marketing campaigns, where the aim is to attract customers to the Nissan dealer network for their vehicle servicing, maintenance and repair requirements. Some of the key tasks will include:
- Conducting price benchmarking of other Vehicle Manufacturers and competitor programmes to ensure Nissan Service Care is competitive in the market
- Amending parts pricing in the system when required
- Liaising with suppliers to amend pricing when required
- Responding to dealer enquiries
- Managing extended warranty pricing on www.nissan.co.uk and the Nissan dealer intranet
- Benchmarking Nissan’s extended warranty products vs. other vehicle manufacturers (cover & price) to ensure Nissan remains competitive
- Providing support to the Aftersales Retention Product Manager on a variety of tasks including Service Plans and Extended Warranties, Service related part sales and local programmes including tyres, oil and consumables.
The role will require you to work cross functionally to source and gather information, and to negotiate with external suppliers enabling you to deliver projects by an agreed date. You will be expected to generate your own ideas to make a positive contribution to developing and enhancing performance in the Aftersales Retention team.
If this placement sounds like you then click here.
The Customer Services team is responsible for managing our Back Office operation (40 staff) and also overseeing the Front Office operation (30 staff), in conjunction with Nissan Europe. We are responsible for customer satisfaction following customer contact, with a view to answering queries or resolving any customer concerns as quickly as possible.
This truly cross-functional placement places you at the forefront of Nissan’s customer-centric business, giving you the best overview of our national and international operations. You will have opportunities to work on international business projects with European partners, as well as with all departments at head office. Whether you’re creating new business processes for a French supplier, or presenting to senior management on your performance analysis findings, this placement will give you a wealth of business exposure. Do well here and you’ll come away with transferable business skills and acumen, making you highly sought after in all industries. You will be involved in:
- Front Office support – Responding to all challenging customer queries and support with weekly conference call
- Knowledge management – Management of the Customer Services Knowledge Base, ensuring content is updated within 1 working day of each request and that teams are briefed
- Customer Services vehicle fleet management – Continued maintenance of SMH fleet in line with departmental requirements and customer demand
- Departmental finances and budget management – Maintain an up-to-date departmental budget sheet at all times and ensure all POs are raised, goods receipted and closed within 2 working days of the request
- Reporting support to Business Analyst – Support with ad-hoc reporting requests and assisting in development of new departmental reporting suite
If you are a confident, personable individual with the ability to prioritise and build relationships then apply for this placement programme here
This is your chance to look after the lifecycle of our products – from the UK launch of new models to the maintenance of existing product campaigns. You will support with activities such as pricing, competitor analysis and Employee Purchase Schemes. In particular, you’ll manage all the printed projects such as customer brochures and pricelists. You will be liaising with creative agencies, internal and external, local and European to ensure all marketing materials such as brochures, prices lists and tech specs are ready for any new model launches or special versions, both printed and digital. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Development & Stock Coordination of literature
- Management of print contracts with Nissan Europe & local print suppliers
- Pricing literature & online information management
- Competitor price monitoring
- Competitor Consumer Campaign analysis
- Co-ordination of other cross-carline marketing activities
- Coordination of dealer intranet Marketing bulletins & alerts
- Coordination of New Model Task Force
- Support during price increase implementation
You will have:
- A high level of PC knowledge
- Advanced numerical skills for managing statistical data
- Attention to detail, performing accurate & detailed work
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills
- Ability to integrate, interact & work within a small team
- Good time & workload management skills to achieve results
- Self-motivation – able to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
If this sounds like the perfect placement for you then you can apply here.
from £30,476-£37,113 pa
Job Ref: 55618
Combining technical know-how with hands-on expertise, our engineers define the processes and facilities needed to achieve production objectives. We procure and install them to achieve maximum ...
from £16,634 pa
Job Ref: 55619
We don’t build cars, we enable cars to be built. Combining technical know-how with hands-on expertise, our engineers define the processes and facilities needed to achieve production objectives. ...
Supply Chain Management & Logistics 2 Year Placement
from £16,634 pa
Job Ref: 55275BR
Our Supply Chain department are responsible for mid-term strategic planning of Supply Chains within the highly complex industries of inbound parts and finished vehicle automotive logistics. The ...
Information Systems & Technology (Business Technology) Placement
Job Ref: 55214BR
As a Business Technology Placement you will be supporting a variety of interesting projects and initiatives. With new challenges and opportunities coming thick and fast from a wide range of ...