£12,236 (£235 per week)
Increments of approx. £1,300 every 6 months (based on performance)
To increase to £20,189 (£388 per week)
Shift Allowance and overtime (if applicable)
To become a Quality Technical Support Apprentice it is a 3-year scheme that has been developed in conjunction with Nissan and NA College. It combines both practical and theoretical skills. You will gain a valuable insight into all aspects of automotive and manufacturing quality. You’ll also acquire the skills and knowledge required to work as a member of the team responsible for assuring quality of the parts and facilities here at NMUK.
In your first year of your Quality Technical Support Apprenticeship, you’ll complete off-the-job training at Local College. The remaining 2 years will be spent both on day release at College and full-time at our Sunderland plant. You will have the opportunity to work with the most up-to-date equipment in the industry.
What you'll achieve at the end of your Quality Technical Support Apprenticeship:
- Technical Certificate Level 2 Engineering Technology
NVQ Level 2 Performing Engineering Operations
Technical Certificate Level 3 Diploma Engineering Technology
NVQ Level 3 Extended Diploma Engineering Technical Support
*potential to progress to HNC, depending on performance.
- Nissan in-house training courses
- Note: These qualifications may vary slightly.
What the benefits are:
- Progressive training and development
- 26 days’ holiday per year (plus 8 public holidays)
- Uniform and PPE provided
- Full-time paid employment
- You’ll need at least 4 GCSEs:
- Mathematics (Grade A/B or 5+)
- English Language (Grade A-C or 4+)
- Science based subject (Grade A-C or 4+)
- One other subject (Grade A-C or 4+)