Through our people, we will continuously enhance our capability to design and develop vehicles to satisfy customer expectation and ensure the future growth of the company.
Departments within Research & Development
- Body Design → Exterior → CAD & V3P Promotion
- Chassis Engineering → Brake, ESP & Steering Design → Suspension → Safety Strategy & Restraint
- Electronics Engineering → IT & ITS Strategy → Electronics/Electrical Test & Design
- Quality & Interior Engineering → Cockpit Module & Interior Trim → Materials → Restraints
- Vehicle Quality Promotion → Market Quality Engineering
- Project Management → Homologation → Cost Benchmarking & Budget Setting
- Customer Orientated Engineering, Test & Operation → Vehicle Evaluation → Dynamic Performance
26 days annual leave + bank holidays
Discretionary UEFA match tickets
Free on-site parking
Sports and Social committee
Paid overtime at 1.5x hourly rate
Working hours: Mon-Thurs 8am-5pm, Fri 8am-1:20pm
- Studying towards an Electrical and/or Electronics Engineering, Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Automotive or similar.
- Some experience or interest in a vehicle related area and/or specialisation in technical field would be ideal
- Attention to detail, performing accurate & detailed work
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills
- Ability to integrate, interact & work within a team
- Good time & workload management skills to achieve results
- Self-motivation – able to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Comfortable working within deadlines and in a fast paced environment
On joining the Company, the successful candidates will be assigned to one of the above groups where they will support the design and development/test of vehicle systems and components for new and existing Nissan models.
As you would expect from a Global Company, Nissan Engineers work cross functionally across the business and with suppliers to create the optimum solutions to produce the best product for our Customers. Therefore as an Industrial Placement at Nissan we offer the opportunity to gain an understanding of all elements of our business that contributes to the development of our vehicles from conception, through to manufacture and beyond.
Once you have selected a vacancy that you are interested in, you will first need to apply online. As part of this application, you will be asked to provide information on your education and career history. You will also be required to submit a current CV for review. It is important that you provide us with relevant and up-to-date information.