Through our people, we will continuously enhance our capability to design and develop vehicles to satisfy customer expectation and ensure the future growth of the company. The R&D Placement scheme offers you the opportunity to work across several departments within Research and Development:
- Body Design → Exterior → CAD & V3P Promotion
- Chassis Engineering → Brake, ESP & Steering Design → Suspension → Safety Strategy & Restraint
- Electronics Engineering → IT & ITS Strategy → Electronics/Electrical Test & Design
- Quality & Interior Engineering → Cockpit Module & Interior Trim → Materials → Restraints
- Vehicle Quality Promotion → Market Quality Engineering
- Project Management → Homologation → Cost Benchmarking & Budget Setting
- Customer Orientated Engineering, Test & Operation → Vehicle Evaluation → Dynamic Performance
Competitive salary from £18k
Paid overtime and time in lieu
26 days annual leave plus bank holidays
Free on-site parking
Travel opportunities (dependent on role)
Working hours: Mon-Thurs 8am-5pm, Fri 8am-1:20pm
- Studying towards an Honours Degree or similar, in a Mechanical, Electrical, Automotive, Aeronautical, or a related Engineering subject
- Some experience or interest in a vehicle related area and/or specialisation in technical field would be ideal
On joining the company, the successful R&D Placement candidates will be assigned to one of the above groups where they will support the design and development/test of vehicle systems and components for new and existing Nissan models.
As you would expect from a global company, Nissan Engineers work cross functionally across the business and with suppliers to create the optimum solutions to produce the best product for our Customers. Therefore as an Industrial Placement at Nissan we offer the opportunity to gain an understanding of all elements of our business that contributes to the development of our vehicles from conception, through to manufacture and beyond.
Please click “apply now” to complete a short application form.
Please note the assessment process will be delivered in line with the government guidelines at the time.