You will help to define the flow of a world-leading Just-In-Time manufacturing operation; restructuring systems, processes and suppliers to help supply over 500,000 cars a year to market.
Company pension programme
Company share scheme
Car ownership scheme
Paid overtime and time in lieu
Sports and leisure complex
26 days' annual leave plus bank holidays
Travel opportunities (dependent on role)
- Must have or expect to achieve a 2.1 in a relevant degree
- You must have permission to live and work in the UK without restriction at the time of hire
- Strong analytical skills and a data-driven thinker
- Creative-thinking / Problem-solving
- Excellent written & verbal communication
- Good team worker / flexible working approach with ability to self-motivate
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced organisation
- Efficient planning skills
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office applications
- Knowledge of a foreign language may be an advantage
This scheme will be completed in one of three areas depending on the outcome of your application:
- Operations Management: The permutations of our daily manufacturing schedule are endless. Our Operations Management team turns those permutations into a seamless and cost-effective manufacturing operation. You will work in a complex and multi-dimensional department, covering logistics, inventory control, Just In Time and supply chain management, along with participating in major project studies, including restructuring systems and processes to accommodate our new models.
- Procurement: Keeping one of the world’s automotive leaders stocked and ready to roll new cars off the production line is no small challenge. The pace is fast, with several projects ongoing at any one time. You will be involved in data and cost analyses for future activities, supplier visits and continual liaison with internal departments. You will have several projects on the go, at any one time : one thing’s for sure, you’ll develop quickly, because, the pace here is fast to say the least!
- Supply Chain Management & Logistics: You will work within the three key areas of; Inbound Logistics: working with renowned logistics providers, suppliers, warehousing and material handling to ensure the smooth flow of parts into the factory. Outbound Logistics: Ensuring delivery of all vehicles to final dealer locations both in the UK and overseas, working with more than 50 logistics providers. Project and Cost Reporting: Managing new model projects and developmental cost reporting for UK, Spain & Russia.
Once you have decided which department you would like to apply for, you will need to complete a short online application form through clicking apply on the job page. You will need to upload a CV and answer some questions confirming your suitability for the role. Your application should be concise but showcase your relevant skills and experience. Don’t forget to research us in more detail to enhance your online application.
Values Based assessment* (*Graduate Schemes only)
You will receive a link to complete an online assessment. Here, you just need to be honest, it is important that our values are aligned with each other and this is how we assess your fit with the organisation. There are no trick questions so please just be authentic and true to yourself in your answers, we need to ensure that we take graduates that are going to be happy and thrive in our working environment at Nissan, Sunderland.
Pre-recorded video interview
Following the values based assessment, you will be invited to answer a few questions through our cloud based video interviewing partners, Shine. Don’t be alarmed by this, it is a very quick and easy process which helps us make the right decision, saving both ourselves and you time. You will be required to answer some questions set by the hiring manager. First question will be a practice, so you will have plenty of time to prepare before you answer the real questions. Make sure you are in a quiet room with plenty of lighting and appropriate interview attire.
If your initial application is successful, we will then invite you to an assessment centre either on-site at Nissan Sunderland or at a neighbouring venue. During the assessment there are various activities where we will be able to learn more about you and how you deal with different scenarios. Either on the day or a week later, you may be asked to deliver a short presentation and prepare for a competency based interview. Your interview will be with a select panel from our recruitment team. During the interview we will give you a chance to really showcase what you can do and understand your motivations for the job. At the end of the interview you will get the chance to ask us any questions that you may have too. We understand that this stage can be daunting but it is a great way for you to meet other candidates and Nissan Sunderland employees. We all know how you’re feeling but try to relax and enjoy yourself!
Sometimes you will be asked back for a 2nd interview, this will be dependent on department and is normally an informal interview to discuss your specific organisational fit. Throughout all of this stage, we want you to feel as relaxed as possible. We know that interviews can be nerve-wracking but just be yourself and try not to worry about getting anything wrong.
Job offer and medical
Well done, you’ve got the job! You will now receive a conditional job offer from us. Once you have accepted we will invite you to a ½ hour medical, which is mandatory for all new starters at Nissan, Sunderland. A contract will then be sent to you in the post, which you will need to sign and send back to us. Now the pressure is off, you’ve done it! Try relax and give yourself time to prepare for your new adventure. Please note – at this stage, you will be required to bring proof of your right to live and work in the UK to your medical.
We will keep you up-to-date with your application via email. Of course, we try to progress applications as quickly as we can but we have lots of graduates applying so don’t panic if you haven’t heard from us straight away!