On our Quality & TCS product development graduate scheme, you could be supporting many aspects of managing quality, from conducting investigations with our customers in the field, working with people from across the business to determine the root cause of concerns, interpreting the voice of the customer to influence targets and strategy, or ensuring that our newest vehicles meet the expectations of our customers.
Salary: £31,314, rising every 6 months, ending on £38,134
Company pension programme
Company share scheme
Paid overtime and time in lieu
26 days annual leave plus bank holidays
Travel opportunities (dependent on role)
Free on-site parking
Working hours: Mon-Thurs 8am-5pm, Fri 8am-1:20pm
Applicants for our Quality & TCS product development graduate scheme should have the following:
- Must have or are expected to gain at least a 2:1 in an Engineering, Software Development, Technical or Data Analysis discipline
- Creative thinking/problem solving mind-set
- Numerate with strong analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Great team player
- Flexible approach to work with the ability to self-motivate
- Excellent understanding of Microsoft Office software (esp. Excel & PowerPoint)
- Ability to present data in a clear and structured manner
You will be joining a vibrant team, working together to improve the product and our customers’ experiences of Nissan. You could be working in any one of the varied functions within Quality and TCS, including:
- Model Engineering – conducting technical investigations to understand concerns in the market, providing and validating countermeasures
- Product Quality Management Office – validating the quality of new vehicles throughout their early development, to ensure launch at Nissan Quality levels
- Field Quality Assurance – investigating and managing serious concerns, recall and service campaigns
- Quality and Process Management – analysing information from the Customer to implement a quality strategy, set targets and drive improvement
- Supplier Warranty – facilitating supplier analysis and improvement of warranty parts and recovering warranty costs
- Customer Experience of Quality – analysing customer data relating to their experience of Nissan and providing and driving improvement strategies
Once you have decided which department you would like to apply for, you will need to complete a short online application form through clicking apply on the job page. You will need to upload a CV and covering letter and will answer some questions confirming your suitability for the role. Your application should be concise but showcase your relevant skills and experience. Don’t forget to research us in more detail to enhance your online application.
Values Based assessment
You will receive a link to complete an online assessment. Here, you just need to be honest, it is important that our values are aligned with each other and this is how we assess your fit with the organisation. There are no trick questions so please just be authentic and true to yourself in your answers, we need to ensure that we take graduates that are going to be happy and thrive in our working environment at Nissan, Cranfield.
Pre-recorded video interview
Following the values based assessment, you will be invited to answer a few questions through our Cloud-based video interviewing partners, Shine. Don’t be alarmed by this, it is a very quick and easy process which helps us make the right decision, saving both ourselves and you time. You will be required to answer 2-3 questions set by the hiring manager. First question will be a practice, so you will have plenty of time to prepare before you answer the real questions. Make sure you are in a quiet room with plenty of lighting and appropriate interview attire.
If your initial application is successful, we will then invite you to an assessment centre either on-site at Nissan Cranfield or at a neighbouring venue. During the assessment there are various activities where we will be able to learn more about you and how you deal with different scenarios. Either on the day or a week later, you may be asked to deliver a short presentation and prepare for a competency based interview. Your interview will be with a select panel from our recruitment team. During the interview we will give you a chance to really showcase what you can do and understand your motivations for the job. At the end of the interview you will get the chance to ask us any questions that you may have too. We understand that this stage can be daunting but it is a great way for you to meet other candidates and Nissan Cranfield employees. We all know how you’re feeling but try to relax and enjoy yourself!
Sometimes you will be asked back for a second interview, this will be dependent on department and is normally an informal interview to discuss your specific organisational fit. Throughout all of this stage, we want you to feel as relaxed as possible. We know that interviews can be nerve-wracking but just be yourself and try not to worry about getting anything wrong.
Job offer and medical
Well done, you’ve got the job! You will now receive a job offer from us. Once you have accepted you will receive a medical questionnaire to complete online and a contract will then be sent to you in the post, which you will need to sign and send back to us. Now the pressure is off, you’ve done it! Try relax and give yourself time to prepare for your new adventure.
We will keep you up-to-date with your application via email. Of course, we try to progress applications as quickly as we can but we have lots of graduates applying so don’t panic if you haven’t heard from us straight away!