Finance Controller Job Description
We are currently looking to recruit a Finance Controller into our Sunderland plant, carrying out the following role;
Mission and Main Objectives:
The successful applicant will be responsible for the preparation of consolidated European performance / management reporting, and communicating the results to our customers across the Global Organisation.
This opportunity gives real breadth of scope and a chance to deeply understand the cost performance of Nissan’s European plants. An ability to work effectively with colleagues is essential for this role – as is a structured approach to transforming significant amounts of data into clear, cohesive analysis. It is therefore equally suitable for a skilled management accountant; or for someone in practice looking to progress their career with an industry leader.
Outline and Responsibilities:
- Ensure all consolidated European cost performance reports are prepared accurately and on time
- Ensure all key variances are explained and reconciled to other prime reports
- Interface with Nissan Global Headquarters and other key customers within Europe
- Presentation of results to Management
- Drive continued improvement, standardisation and automation of reporting & processes across the European entities
- Work with the Purchasing function to report in accordance with accounting standards and group policies
- Interface with external auditors and assist with development of Policy / Guidance Notes for European entities
- Provide support to Projects as required
- Any other duties as directed by Management
Please note that there may be a requirement for occasional travel.
Experience and Qualifications Required:
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA or equivalent)
- Ability to present data in a clear and structured manner
- Positive and flexible attitude in supporting the team in achieving tight deadlines
- Challenging and flexible mindset. Strive for continuous improvement
- Strong spreadsheet (Excel) skills. Database / VBA / Powerpoint advantageous
- Confident communicator; comfortable in dealing with colleagues based across Europe and Japan (no language requirements)