Our aim is to develop and maintain a world class Cost Management capability for Nissan to allow our business to continue to grow globally.
Alliance Cost Optimisation’s core role within Nissan is the control of vehicle lifecycle cost. These control processes allow the business opportunities to maximise profit.
Our objective is to use, improve and develop reporting tools and systems, in order to summarise findings and report to various levels of the business. Candidates will gain valuable knowledge of how Nissan functions and increase their awareness of the automotive industry.
26 days annual leave + bank holidays
Discretionary UEFA match tickets
Free on-site parking
Sports and Social committee
Paid overtime at 1.5x hourly rate
Working hours: Mon-Thurs 8am-5pm, Fri 8am-1:20pm
- 2nd year student, currently studying a Business, Finance, Economics, Computing, Maths Degree or similar or EUR equivalent that allows you to partake in an industrial placement. Successful candidates will need to be:
- A team player with a proactive attitude
- Comfortable working within deadlines.
- Competent with MS Office – Intermediate Excel user and awareness of
- Access would be useful.
- Attention to detail, performing accurate & detailed work
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills
- Ability to integrate, interact & work within a team
- Good time & workload management skills to achieve results
- Self-motivation – able to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Comfortable working within deadlines and in a fast paced environment
Procurement is a key function within any automotive manufacturer. After all, when you consider that 80% of the car value is from externally sourced components you can understand how important your role within procurement will be. You’ll be involved in supporting sourcing activities across new models, daily communication with suppliers (including potential visits), supporting cost reduction activities and much more! You will have several projects on the go, at any one time : one thing’s for sure, you’ll develop quickly, because, the pace here is fast to say the least!
Once you have selected a vacancy that you are interested in, you will first need to apply online. As part of this application, you will be asked to provide information on your education and career history. You will also be required to submit a current CV for review. It is important that you provide us with relevant and up-to-date information.