Body Planning Engineer Job Description
Mission and Main Objectives:
Engineer required to join the Body Quality Engineering function, supporting Body Shop in the achievement of its company objectives including quality, cost and delivery targets, and the introduction of new model programs.
Outline and Responsibilities:
- Vehicle / process technical quality concern investigation and resolution
- Achievement of body factor KPI’s (UCF/QTF/QVCC) and AVES & DPU targets
- Data analysis, Trial Planning and Control/Follow up
- Support Design Change introduction
- Current Production / New Model support and quality improvement activities
- Provide specialist technical support for quality issues.
- Measurement & adjustment of BIW facilities
- Use CAD systems AutoCad/Spacevision/Catia.
- Line trial co-ordination and control.
- Current Production support and improvement activities.
- Support new model introduction programs.
Experience and Qualifications Required:
- Engineering Degree or equivalent relevant experience.
- Able to work autonomously, with a hands-on approach.
- Good communication skills, written & verbal.
- Cross functional teamwork skills.
- Computer skills, with a good working knowledge of MS Office.
- Knowledge of CMM/Scan/Faro arm/Leica laser tracking measurement methods an advantage
- Knowledge of CAD systems AutoCad/Spacevision/Catia an advantage.
- Self motivated team player with a flexible approach, as a significant amount of work will be outside normal Production hours.