Brand and Communications Placement (1 Year) Job Description
We are seeking a Communications Assistant to be based at Nissan Technical Centre Europe (NTCE), Cranfield to support all communications activity on site.
From cascading the daily notices to staff (through email, our online portal and our internal comms app) to managing the ambient media across the site (plasmas, posters, atrium displays), to organizing all employee meetings – the role is crucial to managing internal communications channels and ensuring all employees are kept up to date with key company information and news.
The role will also assist the NTCE Communications Section Manager in their daily tasks, helping to develop and activate both external and internal communications focused around two critical storytelling areas for Nissan in Europe: Technology and Quality.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
- Managing and maintaining the existing internal communications channels and evaluating opportunities to develop and enhance the mix
- Ensuring the proactive and consistent distribution of news and/or information to the business through the internal communications channels
- Working cross-functionally with the different departments within R&D and other functions on site to proactively hunt and identify stories to be shared internally and potentially externally
- Support local deployment of regional brand activations and communications activities including core partnerships as well as external news stories, customising them for an internal audience
- Undertaking key administrative and operational tasks including but not limited to:
- Creation and maintenance of a communications calendar detailing internal and external communications opportunities
- Supporting the management of the communications team budget
- Minuting and facilitating relevant meetings
Background, Experience and Skills
- Someone with a natural ‘go getter’ proactive attitude
- Ability to integrate, interact and work within a small team
- Experience with events and working with multiple stakeholders
- Strong written skills and a confidence to undertake interviews (with NTCE/NE staff, for internal stories)
- Experience with Word, Excel and PowerPoint to a confident capacity. Other software experience such as Adobe Photoshop and Prezi is desirable but not essential
- Self-motivated and an acceptance to work in a high paced, ever changing environment
- Natural communicator – someone who feels comfortable interacting with new people and fostering relationships
- Good time and workload management skills
- Attention to detail and a focus on improvement and positive challenge and change
- Someone who is ultimately willing to make the job their own and make the very most of their year
Do you have proof of right to work in the UK?
NOT a Nissan employee? APPLY HERE