Whether you are interested in how to research and market products, manage events and press communications or service marketing; a communications & marketing placement at our Nissan Sales & Marketing HQ Maple Cross will provide you with the opportunity to get involved in the management of a major household brand.
Nissan have a strong reputation for innovation. It is the responsibility of our marketing and communications teams to ensure that the Nissan brand and product portfolio are successfully communicated and maintain a strong presence in the UK marketplace. We have several roles to suit students interested in how to build and maintain brand and market presence. Whether you are interested in how to research and market products, manage events and press communications, deliver effective internal communication or service marketing; a communications & marketing placement at Nissan will provide you with the opportunity to get involved in the management of a major household brand. The opportunities available in this department include:
- Aftersales Marketing
- Internal Communications (Press Relations)
- Marketing Communications & Digital
- Marketing Planning
- Product Marketing
25 days’ annual leave plus bank holidays
Health and wellbeing initiatives
Sports and Social committee
Free on-site parking
- Second year student, currently studying a degree that allows you to partake in an industrial communications & marketing placement year
- Applicants will need to demonstrate they have a passion for business and are driven to succeed
- Attention to detail, performing accurate and detailed work
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to integrate, interact and work within a team
- Good time and workload management skills to achieve results
- Self-motivation – able to work under pressure and to deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- High level of PC knowledge
- Advanced numerical skills
The first stage of the application process is completing our online application form which comprises a set of questions. Your answers to these questions needs to be concise, showcase your relevant skills and experience as well as make clear your motivations for applying to Nissan’s Placement Scheme.
Depending on the role you have applied for this can differ, you may be asked to complete a telephone interview or you may need to record a short video. We also sometimes ask you to complete online assessments which may be technical or values based.
If successful, we will then invite you to an assessment centre. The assessment day comprises of various activities which may include a presentation, group activity and a competency based interview. During every activity you will have a chance to showcase what you can do, your skillsets and motivations for applying to the scheme. You’ll also have the opportunity throughout the day to ask any questions you might have relating to the scheme with senior management or current employees. Our advice is to be yourself and as relaxed as possible.
Congratulations, you’ve got the job! You will now receive a job offer from us. Once you have accepted you will receive a contract and job offer. Within the next few weeks you will receive all new starter paper work and all other information you need to know before you join us.