Connected Car Project Management Engineer Job Description
Nissan has one of the most comprehensive European presences of any overseas manufacturer, employing more than 17,000 staff across locally-based Design, Research & Development, Manufacturing, Logistics, Purchasing and Sales & Marketing operations. Total production in the UK alone is now over 9 million vehicles including award-winning crossovers, commercial vehicles and the Nissan LEAF, the world’s most popular electric vehicle.
We are an aspiring organisation, and we are looking for equally bold and creative Infotainment Design Engineer to join our dynamic Infotainment and Connected Car team. Nissan is positioned to become the most desirable Asian brand in Europe, and we need your help to get there.
We are seeking a Connected Car Project Management Engineer to be based at Nissan Technical Centre Europe, Cranfield to drive the development of our connected car launches across the region and coordinate our cross functional activities.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
- Project manager responsible for co-ordinating cross carline projects for both on board and off board connected car and infotainment teams.
- Collaboration with connected car design and test teams to define and maintain project development scope, schedule and test plans.
- Manage and maintain cross carline development planner and ensure project engineers maintain development schedules and meet quality targets through all gateways.
- Resource management for effective deployment and allocation of resources when and where they are needed (Vehicles / Test parts / Technicians).
- Effective information management by acquisition of information from one or many sources and distribution to convey the status of the project.
- Preparation of reports for management to review analyse and approve.
- Be the departments interface with upstream and downstream functions including: Product Planning and Program Management.
- Management of Telematics Service Providers, ensuring their development schedules are aligned to Nissan milestones.
- To understand and operate within the Health and Safety rules defined by Nissan Europe.
The Connected Car Project Management Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Be degree qualified (or equivalent) in a relevant engineering discipline.
- Have relevant experience in automotive development relating to Connected Car, Infotainment systems, HMI or a related function. Or be able to demonstrate equivalent experience on a major development program, e.g. in aerospace, telecoms or similar.
- Be able to understand and risk assess hardware and software development plans.
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritise and multitask between multiple projects simultaneously.
- Have good written and verbal communication skills.
- Competent with PC applications including Microsoft excel and Microsoft project.
- Be self-motivating, self-managing, pro-active and positive. Have an energetic personality and be flexible regarding working practice and working hours.
- Be able to travel abroad, typically a few days to 2 weeks, but on rare occasions travel may be longer and/or at short notice.
- Valid UK/European driving licence is MUST
All of us at Nissan – regardless of functional area or expertise – share a passion to design, manufacture and sell high-performance, fun to drive vehicles. Nissan is an Equal Opportunity Employer for all. Applicants will be considered for all positions regardless of race, gender, military status, disability, or any other status protected by law.