Corporate Governance Controller
Job Ref: R00010484
- Salary: £38,000 - £45,000 (depending on experince) + benefits
- Location: Nissan Sunderland
- Position: Permanent
- Hours: Full Time
- Date Listed:
- Closing: 25th September 2018
NMUK Finance department have a full time vacancy at 'Controller' grade in the Corporate Governance section based in Sunderland. The Section within the Regional Shared Service Centre is responsible for company secretarial matters for all Nissan companies in the UK; Government grant administration; cost accounting and forecasting for General and Administration departments; DOA administration; UK insurance activities; and local business rates matters. This role will report to the Senior Controller - Corporate Governance.
- The candidate must be a qualified accountant (ACA or ACCA) and possess the following capabilities:
- Problem solving ability, analytical & attentive to detail
- Competent in the use of MS Office applications and SAP
- Good communication skills
- Flexibility, team spirited and prepared to work in a non-routine environment.
- Assisting with the preparation of agendas, papers and minutes of meetings of Boards of Directors for all Nissan UK companies and filing statutory returns with the Registrar of Companies on a timely basis;
- Accounting, forecasting and reporting for General and Administration departments covering actuals, budgets and forecasts. Business partnering with local departments to support their budgeting process and help with varied queries.
- Administration of grant matters including assistance with preparation of grant applications, quarterly instalment claims, quarterly monitoring reports and external due diligence reviews;
- DOA training, administration and problem solving;
- Preparation of annual insurance information, dealing with insurance claims and ad hoc insurance queries for all Nissan UK companies and liaising with European colleagues on European insurance policies
- Business rates administration including checking rating valuations and charges from local councils
- Arranging recharges of various costs to other Nissan entities (including Europe and Japan)
- Support for varied Purchase Requisition queries and maintenance of requisition approval routing