Digital Project Lead Job Description
Overview of Job Role
To lead a digital team or project in the design and production of CAD models and images, following the input and guidance provided by Designers and interaction with Project Managers to meet project targets and deliverables.
- Proactively lead the coordination and delivery of digital projects
- Co-ordinate and manage a digital modelling team, ensuring a high quality output, project targets and deliverables are achieved
- Ensure the integrity of CAD data and verify the data is suitable for its intended purpose
- Proactively contribute alternative and advanced visualisation techniques
Key Tasks Defined
- Coordinate & delegate digital tasks within a given project amongst other digital modellers to ensure key project milestones are met in accordance with Design Project Managers overall project schedule
- Generate project schedules for the modelling team to achieve in conjunction with DPM’s
- Participate in project meetings where necessary and ensure the relevant information is communicated to the other digital modellers assigned to the project
- Assist in the co-ordination of the digital design via CAD modelling
- Communicate any concerns regarding the quality of the digital design model data to the other digital modellers within the project team and the Design Project Manager.
- Proactively contribute alternative and advanced uses of new software/hardware to improve overall efficiency within the team
- Ensure ‘Best Practice’ is followed at all times
Skills and Attributes Required
- Working knowledge of CAD software, skills should include
- Sketch modelling (NURBS)
- Polygon Modelling & Re-topology
- Class A surfacing
- CAD Data Conversion
- And some of the following.
- Photoreal Lighting & Rendering
- Parametric modelling
- UV Unwrapping
- Digital Retouching/Compositing
- A current knowledge of recognised references within the industry to allow for competitive advantage
- An understanding of form and interpretation of design sketches or verbal description into a 3D design
- An ability to lead co-ordination of the digital project team.
- Mentor junior digital team members.
- An active comprehension of new techniques and software within the industry would be beneficial
Qualifications or Knowledge Required
- Working knowledge of Automotive Industry and whole vehicle programmes
- Relevant design qualification would be beneficial
- Managing or supervisory experience within a design studio environment is essential
- Demonstrable expertise in the Design Industry
- Knowledge of automotive design and engineering
Do you have proof of right to work in the UK?
NOT a Nissan employee? APPLY HERE