Electrical Engineer Job Description
Mission and Main Objectives:
We are seeking an Electrical Engineer to join our Estates and Environment – Services team based at the Nissan Sunderland Manufacturing Plant. You will join at an exciting time as the plant embarks on its EV36Zero journey, a £1 billon flagship Electric Vehicle (EV) Hub creating a world-first, sustainable, EV manufacturing ecosystem. Bringing together electric vehicles, renewable energy and battery production, setting a blueprint for the future of the automotive industry.
Outline and Responsibilities:
• Provide technical expertise to lead and deliver electrical infrastructure upgrade projects.
• Project lead from initial feasibility assessment, specification development, tendering, lifecycle cost analysis, supplier nomination and justification, physical phase delivery and internal customer handover.
• Scope of the Estates and Environmental department covers all utilities, buildings and building services, heating and ventilation, compressed air generation, and renewable energy. You will be responsible for upgrades to the electrical system to support new model and business changes.
• Management of contractors ensuring safety compliance, co-ordination and quality of work.
• To act as HV authorized Person (AP) and Deputy Responsible Electrical Engineer (DREE) for the onsite Power Transmission systems (up to 11Kv).
• Co-ordinate and manage OEM servicing of onsite Wind Turbine and PV farms ensuring minimum maintenance standards are adhered to.
• Working closely with multiple stakeholders.
Experience and Qualifications Required:
• Qualified to degree level, experienced Electrical Engineer or Electrical Building Services Engineer.
• Detailed understanding of medium (11Kv) and low voltage electrical distribution systems and experience in delivery of such projects.
• Building services knowledge and experience in delivery of installation/upgrade projects.
• Project management and specification development experience.
• Management of on-site contractor activities.
• Excellent inter-communication and report writing skills.
Do you have proof of right to work in the UK?
NOT a Nissan employee? APPLY HERE