Finance Controller Job Description
Mission and Main Objectives:
Recent internal moves have created this outstanding professional opportunity. The main responsibility is for the management of Nissan’s UK income tax obligations and to provide general compliance and advisory support to the UK Tax Section Manager in all areas of UK taxation.
This key role offers a high degree of professional responsibility and experience. It covers all of Nissan’s UK entities, including the Sunderland Plant (Nissan Motor Manufacturing (UK) Ltd) and the national sales and distribution company (Nissan Motor (GB) Ltd).
Outline and Responsibilities:
- Management of Income Tax returns for Nissan’s inbound foreign service assignees, P11D, Taxed Award Scheme, PAYE settlement agreements and Share Incentive Plan compliance
- Providing in-house capability for Income Tax compliance work currently out-sourced
- Being the first point of contact for all income and employment tax queries and adding value to the business via solution-orientated, compliant and tax efficient advice provided at both a UK and European level
- Assisting with the preparation of monthly and quarterly VAT returns.
- Assisting with external and internal corporation tax compliance and reporting, including computations, monthly management account provisions, business plan forecasting and ETR reconciliation
- Providing VAT and corporation tax advice to other business functional areas such as Sales & Marketing and Payroll
- Identifying and implementing tax planning opportunities in line with Nissan’s Tax Strategy
- Ensuring the business complies with all relevant tax legislation including, but not limited to, corporation tax and VAT.
Experience and Qualifications Required:
Candidates will be expected to be ATT qualified as UK income tax specialists and may also be fully or part CTA qualified. Alternative qualifications will be considered where supported by strong and relevant experience. Post qualification, they will have gained experience in an income tax advisory and compliance environment and should be able to demonstrate a commitment to learning and professional development. Additional experience in corporation tax or VAT is desirable. This may have been achieved within:
- A multinational OEM, Tier 1 or 2 component supplier or other high volume production organisation supplying international markets
- A reputable professional accounting or advisory practice or a large service company
- HM Revenue & Customs
The successful candidate will possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills as the position interfaces extensively with senior financial executives, external advisers, HMRC and non-tax specialists working within this demanding production environment.
For suitable candidates, support for future qualifications is available up to CTA.
For the attention of external candidates:
NMUK have a zero tolerance approach to the misuse of drugs and alcohol in the workplace.
We carry out pre-employment testing for the use of drugs and alcohol during the recruitment process.
Should you fail the drugs and alcohol test, your application will not be progressed, any offer will be withdrawn and you will not be employed by NMUK.