Purchasing is a key function within any automotive manufacturer, after all, when you consider that 80% of the car value is from externally sourced components you can understand how important your role within Purchasing will be. Throughout your role, you will learn about the vast variety of functions within Purchasing and will be allocated your own area of responsibility from the following:
Line Parts, Facilities & Site Services, Aftersales, Vendor Tooling, Purchase Project Management, Purchase Planning & Co-ordination, Supplier Quality Development and Total Delivered Cost
Our Cranfield facility, European Technical Centre (NTCE), serves as the head office for Nissan’s Research & Development operations in Europe. In Sunderland, our production facility (NMUK) is the home to iconic models such as Qashqai, Juke & Leaf and the recently announced EV36Euro Electric Vehicle (EV) Hub.
The subject of the degree you are doing is not as important as the type of person you are. If you think you have the skills to make an impression, we want to hear from you! One thing’s for sure though, you’ll develop quickly, because, the pace here is fast to say the least! You will have several projects on the go, at any one time within purchasing. Don’t worry you will not be alone – you’ll have an experienced mentor from day one who will support you to succeed. You’ll be involved in data and cost analysis for future activities, potential supplier visits where possible and continual liaison with both internal and external departments. It’s also key to note that many of our placement students return to our Graduate Trainee Scheme so see this as the possibility of opening a door to an excellent career.
Positions are available at our NMUK Sunderland site and NTCE Cranfield sites. Please specify if you have a preferred location when applying.
Competitive salary from £18k
Paid overtime and time in lieu
Free on-site parking
26 days annual leave plus bank holidays
• Must be studying a degree in a Business, Computing, Technology or Security related discipline
• Are able to partake in a 13 month placement as part of your course
• Demonstrable passion for technology and innovation
• An understanding of Project Management techniques
• An understanding of secure design and cyber-safety
• An understanding of modern systems delivery including development tools, infrastructure, techniques, frameworks and approaches
• Experience using different Operating Systems
• Pragmatic problem solving approach, with the ability to make decisions and take measured risks
• Strong communication skills enabling the ability to work in a cross functional and diverse environment
• Strong analytical skills and a data-driven thinker
• Flexibility to travel – this may be required depending upon demands
• Deliverable Management – Exposure to project management techniques to ensure quality, cost and time constraints remain a priority at all times. Agility & nimbleness is key and applying quality assurance to all aspects of delivery
• Run the business activities to support with a wide range of operations
• Collaboration with colleagues across all IS/IT teams including software development, infrastructure, cyber security and enterprise integration
• Development experience creating, enhancing and securing systems
• Project Management Techniques – Agile & Waterfall
• Analysis & Requirements Gathering – engaging business counterparts to identify problems and opportunities, to formalise business requirements
• Appreciation of Design – functional design of IS/IT systems, different technologies and architecture, secure development
• Incident management – identify, assess and remediate risks within business operations
• Cyber Security Awareness – contribute in delivering secure practices within the organisation
Please click “apply now” to complete a short application form.
Please note the assessment process will be delivered in line with the government guidelines at the time.