Information Systems & Technology (Software Engineering) Graduate Job Description
We build technology solutions, partnering closely with the business to deliver leading edge software products to support critical business operations. In a Software Engineering role you will be part of a team that is responsible for the development and enhancement of systems used across our manufacturing plants in Sunderland, Barcelona, St. Petersburg and Johannesburg as well as regional sales units and dealerships. You will be responsible for understanding business problems, determining appropriate technology options whilst maintaining the highest levels of quality.
Key Skills Required for the Information Systems & Technology (Software Engineering) Graduate
- Must have or are expected to gain at least a 2.1 in a IT, Computing or Technology related degree
- Hands on experience of a programming language such as Java or C#
- Demonstrable passion for technology and innovation
- An understanding of modern systems delivery including development tools, infrastructure, techniques, frameworks and approaches
- Pragmatic problem solving approach with the ability to make decisions and take measured risks
- Strong communication skills enabling the ability to work in a cross functional diverse multicultural team environment
- Flexibility to travel – this may be required depending upon demands
- Software Development – using a range of technologies from the Nissan Alliance Standard Framework. This could include enhancing existing applications supporting project delivery or post implementation support, or ground up development on new green field applications.
- Modern systems delivery at enterprise level including development tools, infrastructure, techniques, frameworks and approaches.
- System Design & Architecture
- IT Service, Strategy & Design
- Knowledge Management – acquiring business knowledge is key to understanding business problems and offering technology solutions, so managing and growing this asset by using knowledge bases is a vital part of your day to day role. Learning never stops