Infotainment Design Engineer
- Salary: Negotiable
- Location: Nissan Cranfield
- Position: Full Time
- Hours: 39 hours per week
- Date Listed:
- Closing: 8th August 2019
We are an ambitious organisation, and we are looking for an equally ambitious and innovative Navigation and Connected Car Design Engineer to join our dynamic Electronics Engineering team within R&D. Nissan is positioned to become the most desirable Asian brand in Europe, and we need your help to get there.
We are seeking a Navigation and Connected Car Design Engineer to successfully to design and develop high quality Infotainment systems for our European customers. The role is divided into two parts, Feature Owner and Vehicle Lead.
- Feature owner of a core area of the Infotainment system: Connectivity (Bluetooth, Wifi, CarPlay etc), Navigation (Routing, Map data, Premium traffic, etc.), HMI (UI/UX), Back End (Hardware, Diagnostics, Vehicle Integration, etc.)
- Each feature owner is expected to become European expert for that area, developing the European feature requirements through: Technical knowledge, understanding competitor solutions and analysing European customer feedback
- The feature owner then works with our global R&D teams to ensure that future solutions are specified and delivered to meet these European requirements
- Manage the Infotainment solution into one or more vehicle projects
- Creating and maintain configuration data
- Manage concerns found during testing with the appropriate feature owners
- Managing Tier 1 suppliers to deliver products to Quality, Cost & Timing targets
- Collaborate with related engineering sections to ensure all system components are packaged and connected correctly to meet all system design and regulation requirements
- Status reporting to management at all levels
- Have an understanding and experience of automotive Infotainment system developments or similar
- Knowledge and experience in at least one core infotainment feature (Connectivity, Navigation, HMI or Back-end)
- Have relevant experience in automotive electrical and electronic development, completing a minimum of one previous vehicle development, or be able to demonstrate equivalent experience on a major development program, e.g. in aerospace, telecoms or similar
- Have experience of managing Tier 1 suppliers in the development of a complex electronic product
- Have good communication skills and be able to communicate effectively in a cross cultural and cross functional team
- You will be flexible regarding working practice and working hours
- You will understand mechanical engineering principles, electrical theory and the operation of electronic devices
- You will have strong knowledge of software and hardware development
- You will be able to travel abroad, typically a few days to 2 weeks, but on rare occasions this could be longer
- You will be competent with PC applications such as MS office, image editing etc.
Want to Apply?
NOT a Nissan employee? APPLY HERE