Job Ref: R00010481
- Salary: Negotiable
- Location: Nissan Sunderland
- Position: Permanent
- Hours: Full-time
- Date Listed:
- Closing: 29th June 2018
Mission and Main Objectives:
To support the Legal Manager and the business on legal and regulatory issues relating to the manufacturing and assembly of Nissan’s products at local level as well as providing support on UK, European and global projects.
- To assist the Legal Manager with ongoing work and responsibilities
- To manage autonomously the provision of timely and high-quality legal advice across a wide range of subjects to the business
- • To work closely with other members of the legal team as well as business divisions such as HR, Health and Safety, Engineering and Quality Assurance Departments as well as Purchasing and IT/IS and senior management.
- To draft, review and negotiate a variety of commercial contracts, which may include: grant offer letters and consortium agreements, side letters, LOI's, confidentiality agreements, services and supply agreements, OEM agreements, outsourcing IT/IS agreements, R&D agreements, property agreements, a wide variety of project related documentation.
- To cooperate within the broader legal team and provide local legal advice in regional projects
- To take responsibility for the legal support of regional projects
- To provide legal training to the organization
- To manage and control external legal advisors
- To assist with management of the legal budget
- To provide legal support for ad hoc matters
- To support achievement of team objectives
- Must be able to travel for business as required.
- Formal/Professional Education - A qualified solicitor/barrister in the UK with a minimum or 3 years’ post qualification experience either private practice or in-house (at least some in-house experience is highly preferable)
- The ability to draft and negotiate a range of commercial contracts and the confidence to work autonomously are essential
- Excellent analytical, drafting and communication skills
- Ability to balance customer expectations and commercial demands against any legal and regulatory risks
- Enthusiasm and willingness / ability to work in an international environment
- Capacity to work under pressure and manage high workload
- Flexibility to work in a changing environment
- Conflict management
- Priority management
- IT Skills – Standard Microsoft office packages
- Language skills welcome - fluency in English (written and spoken) essential
- 2:1 Bachelor’s Degree (minimum required)