Legal Advisor Job Description
Outline and Responsibilities:
• Review, negotiation and drafting of complex and high value commercial contracts including OEM agreements, supply of equipment and services, outsourcing and IT agreements;
• Supporting on supplier insolvency issues;
• Review, negotiation and drafting of research and development agreements and grant funding applications;
• Assisting key stakeholders with ongoing contract management across the full range of activities relating to the business;
• Developing and delivering legal training to key business functions;
• Instructing and managing legal matters with external legal counsel;
• Coordinating team responses for objectives tracking and for reporting to the Executive. General meeting support for other team members; and
• Providing first class legal expertise on all matters relating to the automotive business.
Experience and Qualifications Required:
• This role would suit a junior lawyer with experience of commercial contracts and intellectual property law. Knowledge of working in an in-house environment is preferred.
• Strong drafting and negotiation skills.
• Highly organised with a high attention to detail;
• Proactive; enthusiastic approach to work; self-motivating; confident and effective communicator comfortable working both in a team and independently;
• Confident with gaining commitment and trust from key stakeholders;
• Comfortable using initiative and taking a solution focussed approach to problem solving (must be able to know when to obtain support, advice and input from peers and management, where required);
• Displays a willingness to learn;
• Resilience is necessary; must be able to work under pressure and to strict deadlines;
Minimum Skills & Education Required
• Qualified lawyer (England and Wales)
• Degree qualification at 2:1
• IT literate, competent user of all Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Outlook.
• English, fluent written and verbal language skills
Do you have proof of right to work in the UK?
NOT a Nissan employee? APPLY HERE