Market Planning Section Manager
Job Ref: R00040730
- Salary: Competitive
- Location: Nissan Maple Cross
- Position: Full Time
- Hours: FT
- Date Listed:
- Closing: 31st December 2019
Would you like to manage a team in a highly autonomous role in a global business? To be part of shaping the future of one of the world’s largest automotive manufacturers? Want the opportunity to develop within a multi-national corporation?
This Planning role would suit an ambitious, dedicated, and driven individual who is motivated by team success and advancing a career in the motor industry through their expertise and excellence in strategy and planning.
- We are looking for an experienced line manager who is looking to develop their career with Nissan. This role offers complete autonomy and you can drive a team, the key objective is to understand the business performance and provide feedback to drive success.
- As Marketing Planning Manager for this leading car manufacturer with a reputation for innovation, you’ll manage a team and be instrumental in overseeing the market’s performance and influencing the shaping of the company’s sales’ direction. You will also be responsible for managing key performance work streams throughout the year.
- Your main tasks will also include supporting the development of the business plan – reporting your projections to the regional head office on a routine basis, as well as managing the implementation of marketing intelligence tools.
- The role reports into the Marketing Planning Manager. You will also have daily contact with all product managers and sales operations’ leads. Day-to-day you will manage the company’s performance management cycle, lead the team in forecasting future incentive plans, and have management of all market intelligence reporting for the UK’s operations.
- Your work life with us will be fast-paced and exhilarating, and will offer you the chance to use your analytical and reporting skills to gain exposure to a wide range of stakeholders within the business – from the senior leadership team, to sales operations and the UK dealer network.
- Your main objective is to oversee market and Nissan performance analytics, and manage the key performance work streams on an annual, quarterly, monthly and weekly basis.
- Market Intelligence and Reporting - Market Intelligence: Manage market insight by monitoring competitor, legislative and economic changes. Total Industry Volume (TIV): Provide industry volume forecasts, at total, channel and segment level. Sales Reporting Provide daily Nissan and competitor sales reports, at total, channel and segment level. Automation: lead automation of sales reporting tools while seeking synergies from Nissan Europe and Renault UK.
- Performance Management Cycle - Manage Product Marketing inputs for Business Planning and all reforecasts. Maintain and update NMGB Monthly Sales Reforecast from planning to actualization. Manage Weekly Marketing forecast process, which serves as input to Nissan Europe Corporate Performance Review (CPR) and NMGB Sales Performance & Forecast review processes.
- Incentive Planning and Reporting - Manage input into variable marketing expenditure (VME) SIM tool. Develop and maintain with Incentive Support Controller and Finance a workflow to review variable marketing expenditure (VME) actuals vs forecasts, and identifying root causes for development of countermeasure by the product marketing team.
- Financial Revenue Reporting - Input into Nissan Europe Product Marche for Business Planning and Reforecasts. Management and development of direct reports, depending on business needs.
- Support Marketing Planning Manager, product marketing teams on cross carline related tasks