Procurement is a key function within any automotive manufacturer. After all, when you consider that 80% of the car value is from externally sourced components, you can understand how important your role on our Procurement Graduate Schemes will be. Throughout your role, you will learn about the vast variety of functions within procurement and will be allocated your own area of responsibility from the following:
- Line Parts
- Facilities and Site Services
- Vendor Tooling
- Purchase Project Management
- Purchase Planning and Co-ordination
- Supplier Quality Development
- Total Delivered Cost
You will have several projects on the go, at any one time. Don’t worry you will not be alone – when you join one of our Procurement Graduate Schemes you’ll have an experienced mentor from day one who will support you to succeed. You’ll be involved in data and cost analysis for future activities, supplier visits and continual liaison with both internal and external departments.
Competitive salary starting at £30k
Company pension programme
Company share scheme
Car ownership scheme
Paid overtime and time in lieu
Sports and leisure complex
26 days' annual leave plus bank holidays
Travel opportunities (dependent on role)
- Must have or expect to achieve a 2:1 in a relevant degree
- You must have permission to live and work in the UK without restriction at the time of hire
- Strong analytical skills and a data-driven thinker
- A creative, forward thinker with excellent communication and team working skills
- Excellent written & verbal communication
- Good team worker / flexible working approach with ability to self-motivate
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced organisation
- Efficient time management & organisation skills
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office applications
- Knowledge of a foreign language may be an advantage
- Geographically mobile
The successful candidate will be sufficiently flexible to assume responsibility for any aspects of the following:
- Sourcing for all new models across Nissan Europe
- Daily communication with suppliers, internal departments, external departments and global entities
- Cost management of parts with both suppliers and internal departments
- Project management activities for new European projects
- Internal reporting of key cost information on a monthly basis
- Supplier visits where possible
Please note we have positions available in both our NMUK Sunderland and NTCE Cranfield sites. Please specify if you have a preferred location when applying.
You will need to complete a short online application form through clicking apply on the job page. You will need to upload a CV and answer some questions confirming your suitability for the role. Your application should be concise but showcase your relevant skills and experience. Don’t forget to research us in more detail to enhance your online application.
You will be contacted to take part if a short online or telephone based assessment where you will be asked to answer a few questions. This will be a very quick and easy process taking no longer than 10-15minutes to complete, which helps us make the right decision, saving both ourselves and you time. You will be required to answer some questions set by the hiring manager.
If your initial application is successful, we will then invite you to an assessment centre either on-site at Nissan Sunderland or at a neighbouring venue. During the assessment there are various activities where we will be able to learn more about you and how you deal with different scenarios. Either on the day or a week later, you may be asked to deliver a short presentation and prepare for a competency based interview. Your interview will be with a select panel from our recruitment team. During the interview we will give you a chance to really showcase what you can do and understand your motivations for the job. At the end of the interview you will get the chance to ask us any questions that you may have too. We understand that this stage can be daunting but it is a great way for you to meet other candidates and Nissan Sunderland employees. We all know how you’re feeling but try to relax and enjoy yourself!
Sometimes you will be asked back for a second interview, this will be dependent on department and is normally an informal interview to discuss your specific organisational fit. Throughout all of this stage, we want you to feel as relaxed as possible. We know that interviews can be nerve-wracking but just be yourself and try not to worry about getting anything wrong.
Job offer and medical
Well done, you’ve got the job! You will now receive a conditional job offer from us. Once you have accepted we will invite you to a half hour medical, which is mandatory for all new starters at Nissan, Sunderland. A contract will then be sent to you in the post, which you will need to sign and send back to us. Now the pressure is off, you’ve done it! Try relax and give yourself time to prepare for your new adventure. Please note – at this stage, you will be required to bring proof of your right to live and work in the UK to your medical.
We will keep you up-to-date with your application via email. Of course, we try to progress applications as quickly as we can but we have lots of graduates applying so don’t panic if you haven’t heard from us straight away!