Throughout your role, you will learn about the vast variety of functions within purchasing and will be allocated your own area of responsibility from the following:
Line Parts, Indirect, Aftersales, Vendor Tooling, Purchase Project Management, Purchase Planning & Co-ordination, Supplier Quality Development and Total Delivered Cost.
26 days annual leave + bank holidays
Discretionary UEFA match tickets
Free on-site parking
Sports and Social committee
Paid overtime at 1.5x hourly rate
Working hours: Mon-Thurs 8am-5pm, Fri 8am-1:20pm
Any business related degree, particularly interested in Procurement, Purchasing, Supply Chain, Business Management or similar.
- 2nd year student, currently studying a relevant degree that allows you to partake in an industrial placement
- High level of PC knowledge
- Advanced numerical skills
- Attention to detail, performing accurate & detailed work
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills
- Ability to integrate, interact & work within a team
- Good time & workload management skills to achieve results
- Self-motivation – able to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Comfortable working within deadlines and in a fast paced environment
Procurement is a key function within any automotive manufacturer. After all, when you consider that 80% of the car value is from externally sourced components you can understand how important your role within procurement will be. You’ll be involved in supporting sourcing activities across new models, daily communication with suppliers (including potential visits), supporting cost reduction activities and much more! You will have several projects on the go, at any one time : one thing’s for sure, you’ll develop quickly, because, the pace here is fast to say the least!
Once you have selected a vacancy that you are interested in, you will first need to apply online. As part of this application, you will be asked to provide information on your education and career history. You will also be required to submit a current CV for review. It is important that you provide us with relevant and up-to-date information.