A university graduate with a robust personality, appreciation of others and ready to adapt and react in challenging environments, you’ll go through a 48-month training programme to prepare you to become a future leader within Nissan production.
£31,314 rising to £39,134 plus shift allowance
Car ownership scheme
- Must have or expect to achieve a 2.1 grade at degree level.
- Preferably some manufacturing experience.
- The interpersonal skills to create an engaged team, who are willing to go the extra mile to deliver the best quality and outstanding results.
- A focus on setting and achieving challenging targets, driving forward towards operational excellence.
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities, creating solutions driven by facts and data.
- Resilience; you will not be put off by critique or challenging situations, demonstrating the ability to remain calm under pressure, staying positive and solution-focused.
- You will be comfortable working in a fast-paced, physically demanding environment.
- The ability to develop a robust management style, which will be reﬂected in the success of the team.
- With our exceptional range of learning and development resources, together with the guidance of experienced mentors at your ﬁngertips, your career with Nissan is in safe hands. Your Production Leadership Programme will cover:
- Working on shifts as part of the manufacturing team, experiencing ﬁrst-hand what it means to carry out this physically demanding role.
- You will progress to work as a Team Leader, developing an understanding of the needs of production employees and the day-to-day running of the line.
- Supervisor Assistant is the next stage in your development before reaching the 2-year goal, pending performance, of promotion to Production Supervisor.
- As Production Supervisor, you will be responsible for a team of up to 30 staff and be a valued and integral part of the production leadership team.
- The next 2 years will be spent further investing in your development. You will focus on consolidating your experience in the Production Supervisor’s role, with the potential to undertake externally-accredited leadership development.
- Demonstrate appreciation and recognition of your team’s performance through staff development.
- Achieve your zone and department targets, while effectively managing all budgets and business KPIs.
- Navigate your team through challenging employee issues, including disciplinary and grievance procedures.
- Ensure you create and maintain a safe working environment and instill a critical safety mindset and culture within your team.
- Critiquing and continuously improving activities within your zone, working with cross-functional teams to achieve targets.