Purchasing Controller Job Description
Mission and Main Objectives:
The overall purpose of the Purchasing Buyer is to support the Purchasing Section Manager in managing purchasing activities (planning, sourcing, tender and negotiation) for the assigned Commodity in NMUK to optimize savings and reduce risks with suppliers
Outline and Responsibilities:
- Build and maintain relationships with internal customers, suppliers and central purchasing organizations.
- Support Purchasing Section Manager with contract negotiation
- Manage a dedicated purchasing portfolio including, contract negotiations, contribution to annual savings targets and management of Invitation to Tenders and Request for Quotations.
- Manage / Administer Purchase Orders
- Support Purchasing Section Manager with implementation of European Purchasing policies and processes
- Supplier performance and risk management
Experience and Qualifications Required:
- Experience in Purchasing or Procurement department is advantageous
- Supplier Management
- Negotiation skills
- Project Management skills
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office applications