As with all new graduates, you will spend your first few weeks working closely with your mentor gaining insight to our production methods and gaining vital experience and a firm understanding of our business.
Initiative, confidence and a pro-active approach are essential qualities in our engineers, because you are not just responding to issues, you are looking for areas to improve, finding out how systems can operate to maximum efficiency, questioning methods and suggesting creative alternatives.
With our exceptional training and development, the guidance of experienced engineers, and your own natural ability, you’ll find yourself meeting challenges head on and dealing with all situations that arise.
Competitive salary starting at £30k
Company pension programme
Company share scheme
Car ownership scheme
Paid overtime and time in lieu
Sports and leisure complex
26 days annual leave plus bank holidays
Travel opportunities (dependent on role)
- Must have or expect to achieve a 2:1 in a STEM related degree
- You will be expected to function at an engineer level
- Creative thinker and strong problem solving skills
- Great team member with a flexible working approach
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and CAD systems
- Versatile with the ability to adapt to challenging situations
- Geographically mobile
- Application and analysis of testing and inspection procedure
- Capture the voice of the customer
- Provide technical support to our production departments (mechanical/electrical)
- Quality evaluation between design drawings through to production parts and final assembly
- Use trend analysis tools to capture the performance of the product
- Lead product/process investigations in-house or in one of the hundreds of Nissan suppliers based in the UK and abroad
- Supporting and developing new model launch activities
- Being capable of taking control of your own responsibilities including time management to ensure adequate completion of tasks
Once you have decided which department you would like to apply for, you will need to complete a short online application form through clicking apply on the job page. You will need to upload a CV and answer some questions confirming your suitability for the role. Your application should be concise but showcase your relevant skills and experience. Don’t forget to research us in more detail to enhance your online application.
You will be contacted to take part if a short online or telephone based assessment where you will be asked to answer a few questions. This will be a very quick and easy process taking no longer than 10-15minutes to complete, which helps us make the right decision, saving both ourselves and you time. You will be required to answer some questions set by the hiring manager.
If your initial application is successful, we will then invite you to an assessment centre either on-site at Nissan Sunderland or at a neighbouring venue. During the assessment there are various activities where we will be able to learn more about you and how you deal with different scenarios. Either on the day or a week later, you may be asked to deliver a short presentation and prepare for a competency based interview. Your interview will be with a select panel from our recruitment team. During the interview we will give you a chance to really showcase what you can do and understand your motivations for the job. At the end of the interview you will get the chance to ask us any questions that you may have too. We understand that this stage can be daunting but it is a great way for you to meet other candidates and Nissan Sunderland employees. We all know how you’re feeling but try to relax and enjoy yourself!
Sometimes you will be asked back for a second interview, this will be dependent on department and is normally an informal interview to discuss your specific organisational fit. Throughout all of this stage, we want you to feel as relaxed as possible. We know that interviews can be nerve-wracking but just be yourself and try not to worry about getting anything wrong.
Job offer and medical
Well done, you’ve got the job! You will now receive a conditional job offer from us. Once you have accepted we will invite you to a half hour medical, which is mandatory for all new starters at Nissan, Sunderland. A contract will then be sent to you in the post, which you will need to sign and send back to us. Now the pressure is off, you’ve done it! Try relax and give yourself time to prepare for your new adventure. Please note – at this stage, you will be required to bring proof of your right to live and work in the UK to your medical.
We will keep you up-to-date with your application via email. Of course, we try to progress applications as quickly as we can but we have lots of graduates applying so don’t panic if you haven’t heard from us straight away!