You will be validating the logic and functional operation of electronic systems on the vehicle against Nissan specifications and regulatory requirements. This may include the creation of test procedures and formal reporting of results.
26 days’ annual leave plus bank holidays
Company car ownership scheme
Discretionary UEFA match tickets
Free on-site parking
Salary: £31,314, rising every 6 months, ending on £38,134
Sports and Social committee
Paid overtime at 1.5x hourly rate
Working hours: Mon-Thurs 8am-5pm, Fri 8am-1:20pm
The ideal candidates will have a degree in either Electrical Engineering or Electronics Engineering.
- Minimum 2:1 in an Electrical or Electronics degree – ideally with evidence of a one-year work placement
- A creative, forward thinker with excellent communication and team working skills
- Strong time management and planning skills with the ability to adapt to a fast-paced organisation
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office applications
- A positive attitude towards travel within the UK & Abroad
- You must have permission to live and work in the UK without restriction at the time of hire
- Language Skills: Fluent English speaker, other languages would be an advantage
- Attention to detail, performing accurate & detailed work
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills
- Ability to integrate, interact & work within a team
- Good time & workload management skills to achieve results
- Self-motivation – able to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Comfortable working within deadlines and in a fast paced environment
- Full clean driving license
- Validating the logic and functional operation of electrical systems on the vehicle against Nissan specifications and regulatory requirements.
- Reporting of electrical concerns into project reviews.
- Support the creation of test specifications to ensure full validation of the electrical systems
- Cross functional working with plant quality and engineering teams to ensure early response to concerns.
- Support Development of test and simulation tools to support future validations of new technologies
- Capture the requirements of European customers and System Owners
- Develop high level specifications for body electronics components
- Negotiate and coordinate specification development with Alliance R&D Centres in Japan, North America, Russia and India.
- Design and maintain EOL configuration data through development and lifecycle
- Manage Tier 1 suppliers to deliver products to Quality, Cost & Timing targets.
- Manage in-house and supplier validation of components to Nissan standards.
- Work with test and customer orientated engineering teams to resolve concerns.
- Collaborate with Purchase team to support sourcing and cost definition/reduction tasks.
- Ensure that parts applied are fit for purpose through Design Review
- Carry out European Frontline activities such as Launch and Market concern resolution
- Make Cost, Quality & Timing Status reports to management.
Once you have selected a vacancy that you are interested in, you will first need to apply online. As part of this application, you will be asked to provide information on your education and career history. You will also be required to submit a current CV for review. It is important that you provide us with relevant and up-to-date information.