Within Electrical & Electronics, you will support the application and integration of electrical and electronic systems to Nissan European vehicle projects. This will include the capture of requirements, the creation of high-level specifications, liaison with other Alliance R&D Centres, the management of suppliers and the adoption of parts in our European and Russian production plants.
26 days annual leave + bank holidays
Discretionary UEFA match tickets
Free on-site parking
Sports and Social committee
Paid overtime at 1.5x hourly rate
Working hours: Mon-Thurs 8am-5pm, Fri 8am-1:20pm
2nd year student, currently studying a degree in Electrical and/or Electronics Engineering or other relevant degree that allows you to partake in an industrial placement year.
You will need to have a good electronic and electrical educated background with enthusiasm for automotive electrical systems and problem solving, in addition to:
- Attention to detail, performing accurate & detailed work
Strong communication & interpersonal skills
Ability to integrate, interact & work within a team
Good time & workload management skills to achieve results
Self-motivation – able to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
Comfortable working within deadlines and in a fast paced environment
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Validating the logic and functional operation of electrical systems on the vehicle against Nissan specifications and regulatory requirements.
- Reporting of electrical concerns into project reviews.
- Support the creation of test specifications to ensure full validation of the electrical systems
- Cross functional working with plant quality and engineering teams to ensure early response to concerns.
- Support Development of test and simulation tools to support future validations of new technologies
- Supplier management, running our weekly progress meetings
- Team cost reduction management and reporting
- Supporting new projects as required
- Supporting day to day activities of the team
Once you have selected a vacancy that you are interested in, you will first need to apply online. As part of this application, you will be asked to provide information on your education and career history. You will also be required to submit a current CV for review. It is important that you provide us with relevant and up-to-date information.