Regional Finance Controller Job Description
Finance Controller: Manufacturing Cost and CAPEX Control @ Nissan Group of AMIEO (Africa, Middle East, India, Europe & Oceania)
Nissan Motor Manufacturing (UK) Limited | Sunderland, UK
Permanent | Full Time (39 hours)
Up to 2 days per week from home, remainder in office
Salary ~€40k per annum + paid overtime | Dependent on skills and experience
Following an internal promotion, Nissan are currently recruiting for a Regional Finance Controller. Don’t be fooled by the job title, this is not a conventional or all-encompassing ‘Financial Controller’ role – this role in Nissan means something quite different. We are looking for someone to immerse themselves and become an expert in the manufacturing and CAPEX costs of our Nissan AMIEO plants, with an initial focus on our European sites in Sunderland, St Petersburg and Barcelona.
This is an extremely dynamic and exciting position. There are always new requests, new projects and new challenges which you will need to be agile to. However, you will not do this alone. You will join an established team of finance professionals who are responsible for ensuring that the business performance of Nissan plants is reported accurately and concisely to our local/regional/global management teams.
Your position would involve, but is not limited to:
- Ensuring all consolidated regional cost performance reports (budget, forecast, actual) are accurate and prepared in accordance with relevant standards and group policies
- Ensuring all key variances are explained and reconciled to other prime reports
- Transforming significant amounts of data into clear, cohesive analysis
- Presentation of results to Management
- Driving continued improvement, standardisation and automation of reporting & processes across the regional entities
- Liaising with colleagues across the global organization (Finance, Purchasing, Engineering, Sales and Marketing, Supply Chain Management, Manufacturing) to deliver our objectives
Importantly, the role gives excellent exposure to management and is a real opportunity for a bright and ambitious candidate to shine. Previous incumbents in this role and in similar roles, have developed and progressed within the organisation.
Also note that due to the nature of this role, when the world opens back up there is potential for infrequent travel.
Nissan is a global car manufacturer that sells a full line of vehicles under the Nissan, INFINITI and Datsun brands. Nissan’s global headquarters in Yokohama, Japan, manages operations in four regions: Japan-ASEAN, China, Americas and AMIEO (Africa, Middle East, India, Europe and Oceania).
Careers at Nissan Motor Company take people further, faster. From the creativity of our diverse team to the environment of our open workplace, Nissan drives innovative careers.
Information on the company’s history, culture, business areas, locations and commitment to diversity can be found at the links below:
http://www.nissan-global.com (Global Corporate Website)
https://www.nissanmotor.jobs/amie/eu/ (Global Careers Site)
https://careersatnissan.co.uk/ (UK Careers Site)
The ideal candidate
Our ideal candidate is a Qualified Accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA or equivalent) with the right attitude and skills to succeed in a complex global organisation.
We are looking for someone who will bring:
- A curious and challenging mindset, as we strive to get ‘behind the numbers’
- A keen eye for detail and passion for quality, as we ensure our output is clear, consistent, accurate and on time
- A confident and articulate manner, for credible and succinct presentation to management
- A proactive and organized approach, to foresee and prepare for the next challenge
- A problem solving ability, to be able to understand complex issues and propose solutions
- A resilient and flexible character, who can work equally well autonomously as part of a team, can work to tight deadlines under high pressure
- Excellent interpersonal skills, to build relationships with our stakeholders across various departments and seniority levels, and be able to influence beyond authority
We don’t stipulate a particular number of years’ experience as success in this position will depend more on attitude, as opposed to time served in previous roles. Similarly, we would be equally delighted to talk with those currently working in either practice or industry. Our current team is comprised of people who have joined us from various different roles, and is a great mix of experience (our longest serving team member recently celebrated 30 years with the company!) and recent joiners with new ideas and perspectives.
There are no specific language requirements (despite being a truly global organization, most of Nissan business is conducted in English), nor do we require any specific system or software expertise, except for a good working knowledge of Excel and Powerpoint. Some knowledge of SAP, Access and Macros could be advantageous, but is by no means necessary.
For someone who is well organised, proactive and efficient, and therefore can be agile to changes, the role provides real opportunity of a good work life balance. This is especially true after Nissan has recently introduced a Flexible Working Policy. The policy allows some adjustment to start/finish times, and up to 2 days per week working from home.