Section Manager - UK Tax
Job Ref: R00012727
- Salary: c£60,000+benefits - negotiable depending on experience
- Location: Nissan Sunderland
- Position: Permanent
- Hours: Full Time
- Date Listed:
- Closing: 21st September 2018
A Pivotal Role within the Tax Section of the UK Finance Department, and an Outstanding Career Opportunity for a Corporation Tax Professional.
Recent restructuring to align the Finance Department with the ever-changing European area, coupled with internal promotions and the forthcoming launch of three new models to be built at Nissan’s Sunderland factory, has created this outstanding opportunity at an exciting time of change. Responsibility is for the management of Nissan’s UK corporation tax obligations and to provide general support to the UK Tax Manager in all areas of UK taxation.
- External and internal corporation tax compliance and reporting, including computations, monthly management account provisions, business plan forecasting and ETR reconciliation.
- Being the first point of contact for all corporation tax queries and adding value to the business via solution-orientated, compliant and tax efficient advice provided at both a UK and European level.
- Identifying and implementing tax planning opportunities in line with Nissan’s Tax Strategy
- Ensuring the business complies with all relevant tax legislation including, but not limited to, corporation tax and VAT.
- Providing support for and review of monthly and quarterly VAT returns.
- Preparation of Income Tax returns for Nissan’s inbound foreign service assignees and management of P11D, Taxed Award Scheme, PAYE settlement agreements and Share Incentive Plan compliance
- Providing VAT and income tax advice to other business functional areas such as HR and Payroll
- Candidates will be graduate chartered tax advisors specialising in corporation tax who will preferably also possess chartered accountant status (Alternative qualifications will be considered where supported by strong and relevant experience)
- Post qualification, you will have focussed upon tax accounting or advisory support and should be able to demonstrate advancement in their careers to date and at least 5 years successful professional experience within this highly specialised area
- This may have been achieved within a multinational OEM, Tier 1 or 2 component supplier or other high volume production organisation supplying international markets. OR a reputable professional accounting or advisory practice or large service company. OR a national tax authority dealing with large businesses
- Proven and dynamic leader, resilient under pressure and able to demonstrate your effectiveness in directing and managing a specialist tax team
- You will possess excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills as the position interfaces extensively with senior financial executives, external advisers, HMRC and non-tax specialists working within this demanding and highly pressurised production environment.