Services Mechanical Engineer Job Description
Nissan Sunderland are currently looking for a Services Mechanical Engineer, carrying out the following role;
Mission and Main Objectives:
Manage all aspects of mechanical building services engineering work within the motor vehicle plant including legislation compliance, full project management and refurbishment planning. Support Maintenance department in day to day technical matters.
Outline and Responsibilities:
- Responsibility for all mechanical building services including developing refurbishment strategies, obsolescence management, efficiency improvements, technical support to maintenance and legal compliance.
- Carry out engineering evaluation on plant loading and capacity from mechanical service aspect for compressed air, LPHW, gas, HVAC and water systems.
- Liaise closely with Production, Maintenance and Safety departments to ensure all new and refurbishment projects are fit for purpose, comply with all appropriate engineering directives and standards, and meet business requirements.
- Supporting mandatory compliance obligations in regards to building services
- Capital and Revenue budget management
- Detailed co-ordination of contractor works to successfully implement projects within a production based environment.
- Project management and delivery, from project inception to physical install, commissioning and ongoing maintenance.
- Implementation of innovative energy reduction projects.
Experience and Qualifications Required:
- Degree or equivalent in an engineering discipline mechanical building services engineer
- Chartered member of industry body preferred but not essential (CIBSE or IMechE)
- Knowledge of heating and ventilation, Building Management Systems, site utility infrastructure including town’s water and medium pressure natural gas, compressed gas systems, air conditioning systems, plumbing and domestic services.
- Experience in Industrial sector, or other service critical sectors such as Health and Retail.
- Project management and specification development experience
- Experience in the use of design software and CAD (e.g. Hevacomp and Revit)
- Sound EHS knowledge with industry recognized certification (i.e. SMSTS and CSCS)
- Good communication and time management skills
- Good co-ordination and presentation skills
- Good time management capabilities
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects
- Ability to work cross-functionally in high pressure environments