Nissan Sunderland Plant is capable of manufacturing over 500,000 cars per year. The Supply Chain Management team ensures that global supply in to the UK is as cost effective and efficient as possible. Without the SCM team, cars could not be built. It is a complex, multi-dimensional operation covering logistics, inventory control, project management and supplier management.
The Supply Chain Management team are an integral part of Nissan; responsible for getting the right parts and vehicles, to the right place, at the right time and at the right cost. There are a variety of roles available within the SCM function:
- PARTS CONTROL manage the inbound supply of components from a global supply base whilst maintaining lean inventory levels.
- DESIGN CHANGE CONTROL work as an interface between the Design team and the manufacturing plant to ensure the smooth introduction of material changes.
- PRODUCTION PLANNING work with internal production shops to schedule their production, and interface with the Sales & Marketing team to understand customer demand.
- INBOUND LOGISTICS liaise with logistics providers to design and engineer innovative and cost-effective global logistics solutions.
- OUTBOUND LOGISTICS are responsible for the delivery of vehicles from all production sources to final dealer locations across international overseas markets.
Competitive salary from £18k
Paid overtime and time in lieu
Sports and leisure complex
26 days' annual leave plus bank holidays
Travel opportunities (dependent on role)
- Currently studying a degree (most degrees considered)
- You must have permission to live and work in the UK without restriction at the time of hire
- Are able to partake in a 13 month placement as part of their course
- Strong analytical skills and a data-driven thinker
- Creative thinking / problem solving
- Excellent written & verbal communication
- Good team worker
- Flexible working approach with ability to self-motivate
- Comprehensive understanding of Microsoft Office software (mainly Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced organisation
- Knowledge of a foreign language may be an advantage
You will be given a real job with real responsibilities in one of the disciplines within Supply Chain Management as soon as you join us. You will be assigned a mentor who will oversee your activities, ensuring you are operating at the correct level as your knowledge base expands. Eventually you will be fully responsible for the operation assigned to you.
Once you have decided which department you would like to apply for, you will need to complete a short online application form through clicking apply on the job page. You will need to upload a CV and answer some questions confirming your suitability for the role. Your application should be concise but showcase your relevant skills and experience. Don’t forget to research us in more detail to enhance your online application.
You will be contacted to take part if a short online or telephone based assessment where you will be asked to answer a few questions. This will be a very quick and easy process taking no longer than 10-15minutes to complete, which helps us make the right decision, saving both ourselves and you time. You will be required to answer some questions set by the hiring manager.
If your initial application is successful, we will then invite you to an assessment centre either on-site at Nissan Sunderland or at a neighbouring venue. During the assessment there are various activities where we will be able to learn more about you and how you deal with different scenarios. Either on the day or a week later, you may be asked to deliver a short presentation and prepare for a competency based interview. Your interview will be with a select panel from our recruitment team. During the interview we will give you a chance to really showcase what you can do and understand your motivations for the job. At the end of the interview you will get the chance to ask us any questions that you may have too. We understand that this stage can be daunting but it is a great way for you to meet other candidates and Nissan Sunderland employees. We all know how you’re feeling but try to relax and enjoy yourself!
Sometimes you will be asked back for a second interview, this will be dependent on department and is normally an informal interview to discuss your specific organisational fit. Throughout all of this stage, we want you to feel as relaxed as possible. We know that interviews can be nerve-wracking but just be yourself and try not to worry about getting anything wrong.
Job offer and medical
Well done, you’ve got the job! You will now receive a conditional job offer from us. Once you have accepted we will invite you to a half hour medical, which is mandatory for all new starters at Nissan, Sunderland. A contract will then be sent to you in the post, which you will need to sign and send back to us. Now the pressure is off, you’ve done it! Try relax and give yourself time to prepare for your new adventure. Please note – at this stage, you will be required to bring proof of your right to live and work in the UK to your medical.
We will keep you up-to-date with your application via email. Of course, we try to progress applications as quickly as we can but we have lots of graduates applying so don’t panic if you haven’t heard from us straight away!