We build technology solutions, partnering closely with the business to deliver leading edge software products to support business operations. In Information Systems we concentrate around managing the delivery of business solutions or supporting and delivering the infrastructure and services which underpin our systems used across our manufacturing plants in Sunderland, Barcelona, St. Petersburg and Johannesburg as well as regional sales units and dealerships.
Working for us will provide insight and exposure to various professional avenues whilst interacting with different cultures. Diversity is key, as most departments work cross functionally with Alliance Partners around the world.
Company pension programme
Company share scheme
Car ownership scheme
Paid overtime and time in lieu
Sports and leisure complex
26 days' annual leave plus bank holidays
Travel opportunities (dependent on role)
- Must have or expect to achieve a 2.1 in an IT, Computing or Technology related discipline
- You must have permission to live and work in the UK without restriction at the time of hire
- Demonstrable passion for technology and innovation
- An understanding of Project Management techniques
- An understanding of modern systems delivery including development tools, infrastructure, techniques, frameworks and approaches
- Pragmatic problem solving approach, with the ability to make decisions and take measured risks
- Strong communication skills enabling the ability to work in a cross functional and diverse environment
- Strong analytical skills and a data-driven thinker
- Flexibility to travel – this may be required depending upon demands
- Deliverable Management – Exposure to project management techniques to ensure quality, cost and time constraints remain a priority at all times. Agility & nimbleness is key and applying quality assurance to all aspects of delivery
- Project Management Techniques – Agile & Waterfall
- Analysis & Requirements Gathering – engaging business counterparts to identify problems and opportunities, to formalise business requirements
- Appreciation of Design – functional design of IS/IT systems, different technologies and architecture
- Collaboration with colleagues across all IS/IT teams including software development, infrastructure, information security and enterprise integration
Once you have decided which department you would like to apply for, you will need to complete a short online application form through clicking apply on the job page. You will need to upload a CV and answer some questions confirming your suitability for the role. Your application should be concise but showcase your relevant skills and experience. Don’t forget to research us in more detail to enhance your online application.
Values-based assessment* (*Graduate Schemes only)
You will receive a link to complete an online assessment. Here, you just need to be honest, it is important that our values are aligned with each other and this is how we assess your fit with the organisation. There are no trick questions so please just be authentic and true to yourself in your answers, we need to ensure that we take graduates that are going to be happy and thrive in our working environment at Nissan, Sunderland.
Pre-recorded video interview
Following the values based assessment, you will be invited to answer a few questions through our Cloud-based video interviewing partners, Shine. Don’t be alarmed by this, it is a very quick and easy process which helps us make the right decision, saving both ourselves and you time. You will be required to answer some questions set by the hiring manager. The first question will be a practice, so you will have plenty of time to prepare before you answer the real questions. Make sure you are in a quiet room with plenty of lighting and appropriate interview attire.
If your initial application is successful, we will then invite you to an assessment centre either on-site at Nissan Sunderland or at a neighbouring venue. During the assessment there are various activities where we will be able to learn more about you and how you deal with different scenarios. Either on the day or a week later, you may be asked to deliver a short presentation and prepare for a competency based interview. Your interview will be with a select panel from our recruitment team. During the interview we will give you a chance to really showcase what you can do and understand your motivations for the job. At the end of the interview you will get the chance to ask us any questions that you may have too. We understand that this stage can be daunting but it is a great way for you to meet other candidates and Nissan Sunderland employees. We all know how you’re feeling but try to relax and enjoy yourself!
Sometimes you will be asked back for a second interview, this will be dependent on department and is normally an informal interview to discuss your specific organisational fit. Throughout all of this stage, we want you to feel as relaxed as possible. We know that interviews can be nerve-wracking but just be yourself and try not to worry about getting anything wrong.
Job offer and medical
Well done, you’ve got the job! You will now receive a conditional job offer from us. Once you have accepted we will invite you to a half hour medical, which is mandatory for all new starters at Nissan, Sunderland. A contract will then be sent to you in the post, which you will need to sign and send back to us. Now the pressure is off, you’ve done it! Try relax and give yourself time to prepare for your new adventure. Please note – at this stage, you will be required to bring proof of your right to live and work in the UK to your medical.
We will keep you up-to-date with your application via email. Of course, we try to progress applications as quickly as we can but we have lots of graduates applying so don’t panic if you haven’t heard from us straight away!