Here at NMUK we like to take care of the employees within the wide and varied range of Nissan jobs that we provide. Regardless of whether the role is in manufacturing, the office or Engineering, for all Nissan jobs, in addition to a competitive starting salary, there is a range of benefits that we can offer you from your very first day with us.
Nissan Car Scheme
At Nissan, not only do you build cars, you get to enjoy driving them too. As a Nissan employee, you are eligible for our Nissan Employee Car Scheme. As well as our lease scheme, we have an Employee Car Purchase Scheme, which enables employees and their friends and family to get discount off a range of brand new cars through any of our Nissan dealers in the UK.
Employees have access to:
- Discount scheme available from first day of employment
- Discount on up to 5 cars in a 12 month rolling period (T&C’s apply)
- Attractive personal contract purchase plans available through dealerships
Payment for the cars is taken directly from your salary as a deduction in arrears. Included in your payment is your road fund licence, servicing and insurance (additional insurance premium may apply). When you return your car, it must meet our return standards, otherwise additional charges will apply.
We have a dedicated team on-site to answer any additional questions you may have.
The Nissan Retirement Choices Plan is a Personal Pension Plan and is administered by Scottish Widows. You will be automatically enrolled into the plan on completion of 3 months’ service (subject to meeting legislative criteria). You will receive confirmation from Scottish Widows that you have been enrolled. You can ask to join the Pension early and or still join if you have not been automatically enrolled (due to not meeting the criteria).
The Pension Plan is designed to provide savers with a fund in retirement. This fund can be taken as an income and includes a tax free cash lump sum from age 55. The fund is made up of contributions paid by you and the Company each month over your working life. Contribution levels are determined by the Government, but you can pay more in order to build up a bigger fund. The Company double your contributions up to set levels. You can decide how the money in your Pension Plan is invested, and are able to select from a range of different investment funds.
As a Nissan employee, you will receive private medical insurance through our scheme with AXA. Employees can join the scheme free of charge, and you can also include your partner and dependent children for a small fee paid through your monthly salary.
Once you are a member of the scheme you can access it straight away if you have a health concern and your GP thinks you need a referral. One call to the team and you’re able to see a recognised specialist at a local hospital convenient to you.
Share Incentive Plan
Nissan’s new Share Incentive Plan (known as SIP) is being made available to eligible UK based employees. We offer Nissan Motor Co Ltd (NML) Company shares for employees to purchase through the government approved tax efficient SIP scheme.
The Nissan UK SIP is a flexible and easy way for you to buy ordinary shares in Nissan’s parent company, Nissan Motor Co. Limited (NML), which is listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange. It allows you to buy shares in NML directly from your earnings before Income Tax and National Insurance Contributions (NIC) are deducted.
Sports and Social Complex
Once you have joined us you will automatically become a member of the Sports and Social Complex here at NMUK. Full details of our facilities and activities will be provided at the time of your job offer. We also have an on-site gym which you can join for a small fee. Here are the facilities we have on offer to our employees:
- Newly refurbished function suite that can hold up to 200 guests
- A conservatory and bar area
- Outside safe play area for toddlers
- Multi-functional sports hall which has been designed to cater for all sports and is also able to host special events
- The largest 5-a-side court in the North of England (up to 7-a-side)
- Floodlit, outdoor 11-a-side football pitch with a 200-seater stadium
- £200,000 state-of-the-art fitness centre
We have a range of dental plans available through Denplan and they are all designed to suit a variety of different oral health needs and focus strongly on prevention. They will help towards the costs of any eligible routine dental treatment such as check-ups, x-rays and hygiene appointments and any eligible restorative dental treatment such as crowns, bridges or fillings. There is a 24-Hour Worldwide Dental Emergency Helpline and cover for some pre-existing conditions* (some exclusions apply.) No initial oral health check is necessary and you can go to any dentist whether Denplan, private or NHS.
Employee Car Purchase Scheme
As well as our lease scheme, we have an Employee Car Purchase Scheme which enables employees and their friends and family to get discount off our brand new cars. So, whether you want a nippy little Note, an impressive Infiniti or a fancy GT-R, you can buy it through any
Nissan or Infiniti dealer in the UK with a discount on the basic price.
- Discount scheme available from first day of employment
- Currently possible to get discount on up to 5 cars in a 12 month rolling period
- Vehicle must be retained for a minimum of 12 months
- Purchase made through dealership after discount code obtained through onsite team
- Attractive Personal Contract Purchase plans available through dealers
More information can be found on www.myclubnissan.co.uk.
This is available for specific vacancies (Controllers, Engineers, Supervisors and Senior Level) which can be discussed at your interview, or if you would like to discuss this beforehand please contact us
- We will offer you accommodation for the first few weeks of your employment to allow you time to find a more permanent accommodation
- We can provide you with one of our cars until you sort out your own means of transport
- £3,000 for UK candidates and £6,000 for international candidates, which is paid through payroll (is taxable). It is paid at £1000 a month